Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Glucorell R by DrMatt & Glucorell R is now available in 240ct size

If pressed for an answer I would yes but wait an hour.
I don't use a PWO shake, I eat. But I take 3 Glucorell before I start training and drink gatorade throughout the training. So there is plenty left when I eat. If I am going to eat a larger carb meal I usually add another one just prior to eating it.

Re: Amazing

idanimal said:
How much it takes to get a straight answer and interesting how he ignored my question on it, but chose to answer yours.

Ketones in the urine don't mean you're in ketosis from a metabolic standpoint.

If you consume ALA, you'll present as having ketones in your urine due to excretion of certain ALA metabolites. It doesn't mean you're ketotic metabolically, insofar as metabolic ketosis implies that one is metabolizing limited (or no) carbohydrate but rather using exclusively fats and amino acids for fuel. High rate of metabolism of fats leads to production of large amounts of acetyl-CoA (Ac-CoA) which - when present in excess - can be condensed to form HMG-CoA and other ketone bodies which present a positive for metabolic ketosis in the urine. This is used as an indicator since ketone bodies are not found in any significant amount in a non-ketotic human being.

If one is not metabolically ketotic, but produces limited amounts of ketone-like metabolites strictly from ALA metabolism, then one would present a FALSE positive for metabolic ketosis.

-M

Last edited:
ala has sulfhydryl metabolites.. sulfhydryl's cause a false positive for ketosis..

btw- ketostix will not always show ketosis only the presence of one of the ketones.. it is possible to be in ketosis and still get a negative or just trace reading..

the best test is a GLUCOMETER.. at least for ketosis..

this is not to say that ala does not help with ketosis... just that it is VERY possible that high doses (even lower doses in some individuals.. metabolic variances) give a false positive

from NIH

Specimens containing large amounts of ascorbic acid or levodopa metabolites, valproic acid, phenazopyridine (Pyridium®), PSP dye, phenylketones, or phthalein compounds such as are administered for liver and kidney function tests may cause false-positives. Beta-hydroxybutyric acid (the third of the three ketone bodies) is not detected by the nitroprusside (KETOSTIX) method. N-acetylcysteine causes false-positive ketone results

NIH didn't say anything about ALA or other drugs/chems which could/have sulphur as a metabolite.

I guess this is pretty rhetorical??????????????????????????????????????????
(Lots a question marks because it's not commonly known that 'how' and 'what' are indicators of a question?)

'Actually, what is the false positive then indicating if it is in fact 'false'. How do you know it's false.'

I believe we can at least see who has a semblance of a correct answer and is willing to eductate people.

And I think all we want is INFORMATION as to what these metabolites are for diabetics and others using ALA for medical reason would surely have NEED to know. Additionally, it would be nice to know of r-ALA or ALA present different.

(Ulter, you need not bother as it's not phrased in the form of a question.)

Since the half-life of ALA is VERY, VERY short, how long does this phenomenon last?

Last edited:
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
It was a day filled with no good news and my mood was rather melancholy.
Until I saw that I pissed off Animal again. A good laugh and now I'll sleep peacefully.

Rife with fantastic answers and I hope your sleep is permanent which looks to be the case with the non answer answer which is quite typical of the mentally dead!

I guess they aren't educated as they don't look to use r-ALA!

The study used ALA!

(post #4)

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2003 Sep;13(3):294-302.

Effect of alpha-lipoic acid combined with creatine monohydrate on human skeletal muscle creatine and phosphagen concentration.

Burke DG, Chilibeck PD, Parise G, Tarnopolsky MA, Candow DG.

Department of Human Kinetics, St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada B2G 2W5.

Alpha-lipoic acid has been found to enhance glucose uptake into skeletal muscle in animal models. Studies have also found that the co-ingestion of carbohydrate along with creatine increases muscle creatine uptake by a process related to insulin-stimulated glucose disposal. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of alpha-lipoic acid on human skeletal muscle creatine uptake by directly measuring intramuscular concentrations of creatine, phosphocreatine, and adenosine triphosphate when creatine monohydrate was co-ingested with alpha-lipoic acid. Muscle biopsies were acquired from the vastus lateralis m. of 16 male subjects (18-32 y) before and after the experimental intervention. After the initial biopsy, subjects ingested 20 g x d(-1) of creatine monohydrate, 20 g x d(-1) of creatine monohydrate + 100 g x d(-1) of sucrose, or 20 g x d(-1) of creatine monohydrate + 100 g x d(-1) of sucrose + 1000 mg x d(-1) of alpha-lipoic acid for 5 days. Subjects refrained from exercise and consumed the same balanced diet for 7 days. Body weight increased by 2.1% following the nutritional intervention, with no differences between the groups. There was a significant increase in total creatine concentration following creatine supplementation, with the group ingesting alpha-lipoic acid showing a significantly greater increase (p < .05) in phosphocreatine (87.6 --> 106.2 mmol x kg(-1) dry mass [dm]) and total creatine (137.8 --> 156.8 mmol x kg(-1) dm). These findings indicate that co-ingestion of alpha-lipoic acid with creatine and a small amount of sucrose can enhance muscle total creatine content as compared to the ingestion of creatine and sucrose or creatine alone.

If you're going to use that as a point, then prove to me that the participants in that study wouldn't have seen better effects with ingestion of R-ALA.

ALA contains both R and S enantiomers, so they were in fact getting some R... nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

-M

Top Bottom