Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Glucorell R by DrMatt & Glucorell R is now available in 240ct size

Actually, with the counterproductive effects of the S- enantiomer, you need about 3 times as much RS-ALA as R-ALA. Because of the relative affinity problem and antagonistic effects of the S-ALA, you end up getting less than your 50% effect from the weight percentage of R-ALA in the racemate. It works out to about 30% or so.

It's up to you.

-M

I just got the "lite" fat Burning kit in. I am wondering how many Glucorell R tabs I take before I eat? Can I take them w/o eating carbs?

Dr. M said:
Ah, I get it.

R-ALA is a single enantiomer which has very positive effects in the body.

ALA is a mix of two enantiomers (R- and S-ALA) in which the S-ALA has some interesting effects.

Taking racemic ALA is like wiping your ass before you shit. Taking R-ALA is the way to go.

-M

bullshit (pun intended)

money has to be made so statements like this will no doubt arise. ALA raises insulin as much as water...lol.

It must be noted, however, that ALA is superior because I can walk into almost any store and get it...while Rala is hard to come by.

Mr Ron Coleman said:

It must be noted, however, that ALA is superior because I can walk into almost any store and get it...while Rala is hard to come by.

It must be noted, however, that rock is superior because I can walk into almost any field and get it... while diamonds are hard to come by.

-M

Dr. M said:

It must be noted, however, that rock is superior because I can walk into almost any field and get it... while diamonds are hard to come by.

-M

Charcoal would have been funnier but that still blows away the analogy I was going to post. :D

show me a study directly comparing Rala versus ALA. I, and at least 4 of my friends, have been using this stuff since day 1. Rala might be slightly more effective, and I say MAY be, but its not worth the cost/effective ratio. nuff said :)

I'm sorry if this article hurts your sales, but I'm just presenting the facts as shown in the literature I've cited as part of the article.

BUT, if you'd like them pointed out:

7: Loeffelhardt S, Borbe HO, Locher M, Bisswanger H. In vivo incorporation of lipoic acid enantiomers and homologues in the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex from Escherichia coli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996 Sep 13;1297(1):90-8.

8: Loffelhardt S, Bonaventura C, Locher M, Borbe HO, Bisswanger H. Interaction of alpha-lipoic acid enantiomers and homologues with the enzyme components of the mammalian pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Biochem Pharmacol. 1995 Aug 25;50(5):637-46.

9: Maitra I, Serbinova E, Tritschler HJ, Packer L. Stereospecific effects of R-lipoic acid on buthionine sulfoximine-induced cataract formation in newborn rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996 Apr 16;221(2):422-9.

10: Oehring R, Bisswanger H. Incorporation of the enantiomers of lipoic acid into the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex from Escherichia coli in vivo. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1992 Jun;373(6):333-5.

14: Schempp H, Ulrich H, Elstner EF. Stereospecific reduction of R(+)-thioctic acid by porcine heart lipoamide dehydrogenase/diaphorase. Z Naturforsch [C]. 1994 Sep-Oct;49(9-10):691-2.

15: Streeper RS, Henriksen EJ, Jacob S, Hokama JY, Fogt DL, Tritschler HJ. Differential effects of lipoic acid stereoisomers on glucose metabolism in insulin-resistant skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol. 1997 Jul;273(1 Pt 1):E185-91.

18: Zimmer G, Beikler TK, Schneider M, Ibel J, Tritschler H, Ulrich H. Dose/response curves of lipoic acid R-and S-forms in the working rat heart during reoxygenation: superiority of the R-enantiomer in enhancement of aortic flow. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 1995 Sep;27(9):1895-903.

19: Zimmer G, Mainka L, Ulrich H. ATP synthesis and ATPase activities in heart mitoplasts under influence of R- and S-enantiomers of lipoic acid. Methods Enzymol. 1995;251:332-40.

Enough to demonstrate the superiority of the R enantiomer? I would say so.

-M

long advertiser plug

Sometimes it takes a long time to get all facts and hard science posted while answering all the pertinent questions about a product that didn't exist until it was brought to market by our company. It may go on for years.

You know, time released ala has been working really great for me, I have tried Jarrow's brand over the last couple weeks. It aint cheap, but it's kept me in ketosis!

Top Bottom