Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why does Nolvadex lower igf-1 production & why doesn't aromasin lower it?

Mike P.T.

I could understand why anti-aromatise's lower it because you lower estrogen production and the less igf-1 you produce as well as lowering the receptors sensitivity to igf-1. Now why would nolvadex lessen it? It still allows the body to aromatize test and various other steroids into estrogen so it still is in the system. I know it competes(blocks) with the estrogen receptor in tissues but also goes through in others. Does it somehow have a negative impact in the receptors of the liver hence lower igf-1 levels? Also why does aromasin not lower igf-1 production? It blocks estrogen so...... It should lower it yes?

i'm doing like clobro.....crushing up two 10mg nolvas and mixing it in with a spoonfull of andractim cream, then applying it to my nipsy's. looks funny when it dries with all that white nolva on there. but hopefully much of it is absorbed. i figure spot applying nolva is better than taking it orally, so as to avoid the bad effects associated with novla. clobro said it helped with his lumps and nips. we shall see. when i run out of andractim...i'll try yohimburn and crushed up novla perhaps.

Nolvadex is what is called a "selective estrogen agonist". This means that to some tissues (osteocytes for example) it appears to be an estrogen. At other places (breast tissue is another good example) tamoxifen will bond to the estrogen receptor without actually "turning it on". This stops estrogenic acitivity at that site regardless of free estrogen levels becuase the receptor is road-blocked if you will. The reason nolvadex is supposed (the journals are actaully split on this too btw) to lower igf levels is becuase it appears to your liver as an estrogen like metabolite thereby bonding to and acitivating E receptors in you liver. Estrogen is a signal in your liver to lower the production of igf-1.

This really doesn't explain why arimidex MIGHT lower igf levels, but that is understandible becuase noone really has come up with a plausible explanation as to what the chemical pathway responsible for this is.

Warbird I have never heard of that before. I may have to give it a try if I need

Hey good luck warbirds, but unfortunately once the glandular tissue has formed a solid mass, there is very little one can do outside of surgical removal to reduce the actual size of the mass. And no, I'm not a plastic surgeon either :)

WARBIRDWS6 said:
i'm doing like clobro.....crushing up two 10mg nolvas and mixing it in with a spoonfull of andractim cream, then applying it to my nipsy's. looks funny when it dries with all that white nolva on there. but hopefully much of it is absorbed. i figure spot applying nolva is better than taking it orally, so as to avoid the bad effects associated with novla. clobro said it helped with his lumps and nips. we shall see. when i run out of andractim...i'll try yohimburn and crushed up novla perhaps.

the gel will not make the nolva work locally. It will be distributed into the blood stream, and unfortunetly, you will be putting alot of filler and crap possibly into your blood stream. I would stick to oral.

i know this is wery old thread , but.... if nolva decrease IGF-1 because it acts like estrogen in liver, then why those 10mg e/d of nolva is such a big deal on cycle when throught your liver is floating a LOT more estrogen while on cycle. those natural made estrogens does not decrease IGF?

i know this is wery old thread , but.... if nolva decrease IGF-1 because it acts like estrogen in liver, then why those 10mg e/d of nolva is such a big deal on cycle when throught your liver is floating a LOT more estrogen while on cycle. those natural made estrogens does not decrease IGF?

yes you are absalutly correct. Steroids when they convert to estrogen do in fact lower igf .

Estradiol Decreases IGF-1 and IGF-1 Receptor Expression in Rat Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells ? JBC

and using nolvadex on cycle is only going to make that even worse since we all know estrogen levels go up well on nolva not down. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom