Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whole eggs and Cholesterol

Hybridtheory2o

Ok well I can't search yet because I wont be getting a plat membership till next week most likely. Just dumped a lot of cash on other stuff. My question is ive always been told whole eggs have a nasty effect on cholesterol and I can see that when looking at the nutrion label. It obviously doesnt raise bad cholesterol right because I see people eating these every morning with some egg whites as well. Ive been eating them for awhile and what not but its always in the back of my head and I never bothered to ask.

You're ok.

It's multiple daily visits to fast food places that may negatively affect one's cholesterol.

I'd show you a few threads w/ a search. but it's not so quick on the pc i'm using right now... takes long enough viewing pages and typeing :)

Hopefully someone else can link you up to a few threads discussing it.

Sgt is right,

i eat 4 whole eggs/day and my cholestorol is healthy as hell.....

ive read that its a myth to get it from your diet, but i do beleive it is possible.......but fast food places use transfat, which your body can not use.......

Well from what ive always read i believe that cholesterol is a hereditary thing unless youre eating alot or trans fats. I eat alot of eggs every day and my chol is fine.

I'm really shocked at the lack of knowledge concerning this topic. You can affect your cholesterol negatively by consuming foods like animal products. However, there is something about eggs that doesn't have this similar negative effect. For people with high levels of LDL cholesterol things that one can do to improve the ratio in favor of HDL cholesterol (the good healthy kind) is to consume flax seed oil. My mother has been struggling with trying to lower her choleseterol for 2 years. And finally I learned that lowering this bad cholesterol can be done by consuming flax seed oil. In one month my mother lowered her cholesterol from 278 to around 215. This is just after one month of flax seed oil consumption. So we are very hopeful that she will not have to go on medication to keep it under control and continue to use flax seed oil.
After seeing several nutritionists and no good advice from her doctor, I was the one to get this info from a nurse who advised me on this. I'm glad we found something that finally worked.
But back to the egg yolks. It's good to have a few a day. If you omit all of them from your eggs you will surely get protein but there is nutrition in the yolks like vitamins and minerals. You shouldn't have to worry, plus if you workout intensely you increase the blood flow in your circulatory system which makes it harder for cholesterol to form its plaque like structure on your arterial walls. That's why a lot of very physically fit people don't have much of an issue with cholesterol. Genetics does play a part in this as well. And it's a good idea to stay away form hydrogenated fats or trans fats as they are also called. Most desserts have transfats in them. And of course fast foods.

Top Bottom