Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When will Global Warming....

eat big

...really start to have a serious, severe effect? When will it be very hard to live with it? 10 years or 50? Just curious cause I'm young.

hmm.....first a small change in average temp will bring on change in weather patterns , We will see most of the effects in the economy and health of the worlds population through famine in areas that are 3rd world so to speak. modern industrial nations will see big hit to the economy with disruption in crop production,,further increases in respiratory illness...If i was to sum up my thoughts the answer would be "slowly but innevitably" , ther are thoughts that the earth since it was formed that has undergone many warming periods followed by ice ages,,due to speculated factors such as development of plant life(which directly changes atmospheric gas %) or natural disasters of meteor,,,volcanic eruptions, tsunami,,,etc..

we can only measure what we are finding right now which is rising sea levels, and temperature monitoring of the atmosphere and sea water.

lanky said:
hmm.....first a small change in average temp will bring on change in weather patterns , We will see most of the effects in the economy and health of the worlds population through famine in areas that are 3rd world so to speak. modern industrial nations will see big hit to the economy with disruption in crop production,,further increases in respiratory illness...If i was to sum up my thoughts the answer would be "slowly but innevitably" , ther are thoughts that the earth since it was formed that has undergone many warming periods followed by ice ages,,due to speculated factors such as development of plant life(which directly changes atmospheric gas %) or natural disasters of meteor,,,volcanic eruptions, tsunami,,,etc..

we can only measure what we are finding right now which is rising sea levels, and temperature monitoring of the atmosphere and sea water.

And at the same time we'll be dealing with drastic oil shortage and significant depletion of natrual resources. IMO now is the time for governments to invest into preparitory measures and get some very creative/innovative people to sort this, alongside the policy makers.

We already see threats in the form of changing the pH of oceans, stronger hurricanes and potentially more wildfires. So it will be a continious thing.

Supposedly even today 160k people die from global warming

http://www.ecobridge.org/content/g_tht.htm#deaths

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warmin...rming-sealevel-rise-and-coastal-flooding.html

However some people who would die in winter do not due to it, so the real number is probably about 120k. They talk about sea level rises in that website too. The real problems with flooding seem to start around 2050.

Top Bottom