Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when exactly is the off season and season for us?

liquidmuscle

pardon my stupidity but i have never trained for a contest nor do i see myself doing it but i am contsantly hearing "in the off season he gets to be 300lbs and for contest prep he gets down to 240lbs" when does the off season officially start?

The off season is probably different depending on the persons body type and strategy. Basically the offseason is purely for bulking and putting on mass and then when a comp is approaching dieting and cutting up and definition is the goal. There is a very specific time frame when you should transition from bulking to cutting, but I aint know competitor but I do know my buddies timing was a little off and he screwed himself. Feel free to correct me, I am going by what I know or what I think I know

FOR SOME BB "off-season" may just be off of juice a break in the routine.

I think your answer could vary a bit from BB to BB depending on what their goals are and what comp they are interested in competing in, if any.

:)

as far as months go i would assume that the off season is during the fall season and on season would be durng the summer,,,but then again the Mr.O is always in October so i guess that proves my theory wrong

Go check onereps BODYbuilding Contest Preparation Board.

Maybe a mod can paste this thread over there for you.

Depends on the person and when the competitor wants to be in shape for whatever reason. College students bulk up whenever and get in shape for spring break.

I usually compete in June and July so for me the offseason is August-December. It depends on the individual though. You can compete in a show just about any month you want to. It would wear you down to stay close to competition shape for more than about about a month at a time though.

Top Bottom