Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When did Arnold start to use Steroids? Lets find out!

Arnold started juicing at....

Votes: 17 8.9%

Votes: 14 7.3%

Votes: 33 17.3%

Votes: 41 21.5%

Votes: 33 17.3%

Votes: 30 15.7%

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • 20 Yeh right!!!!

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sk* said:
i think it's the gear that made him great not the genetics

i personally don't believe too much in genetics, i think anyone is capable of being mr. olympia if he trains right, eats right, and drugs right

training right, eating right,and doing a good amount of drugs will help you be the best you can be but that doesn't mean you will become Mr. Olympia. genetic shape, structure, the belly of the muscle whether full or short, joint insertions(smaller joints better, gives muscles a larger appearance) all play a key role. Believe me, genetics play a huge role.

scarecrowtriplesix said:
no way arnold took steroids when he was a teen. i bet you anything he took them as soon as he hit california. he was a good natural size before then then you notice him begining to puff up. he only took them when he was a pro. he was big when he was young but nothing spectacular and certanly not enough to be considered on roids.

Oh my god! You are kidding us right?! Hell yes Arnold took roids as a teen, look at him when he was doing numerous poses at 16 in his encyclopedia, he was tall and skinny as hell...no mass, and maybe a bucks fifty? Now there is a pic of him in the same book when he was 19 years old standing on a pier at 240 pounds (and looking very juiced up!) So then by your view Arnold basically put on hardly nothing after he started jucing right? Uh no.

I don`t care what kind of diet or genetics you have you ain`t gonna put on that much mass in a few years without drugs.

Re: Combo of Primo and Dbol?

DeadLiftZ said:
There's been some info floating around on the web that Arnold depended on Primo and Dbol for his regimine. In terms of how often he trained, it's unbelieveable that he ALWAYS trained 6 days per week ALL the time. The only thing that seemed to have changed were the exercises he did when he was bulking or cutting, seeming to go alot heavier while bulking.

At any rate, where exactly is that quote from regarding this Marnul character to claimed to have helped Arnold with his drug intake? As well, does this unauthorized biography give any further insight as to how he trained?

Well according to murnual and other, arnie sucked geneticly wise. In the beginning atleast.

But unlike other bbers, he had DETERMINATION TO SUCCCEED.

I think arnie was even more Twisted than DOrian Yates.

Arnold wanted to train 7 days per week. But the gym was closed on Sundays. So what arnold did is that he would BREAK IN THE GYM and workout (as I understand he broke a window and got in).

THAT IS DEDICATION!

I agree that Arnold prolly took gear at around 19 or so.

But how many think he still takes gear? I personally do not believe so. I think he's put that in his past. Although he's still a pretty massive guy and if he's "off" then it answers some of the "do you lose everything once your off" questions. Otherwise he'd be about 190lbs.

I personally think that the workout/diet/genetics/gear got him to several Mr. O's. I think that his body got used to that size and he can maintain it through good eating and working out. He gets pumped up before his shoots and there ya go.

Arnold is about 190-210

mvmaxx said:
I agree that Arnold prolly took gear at around 19 or so.

But how many think he still takes gear? I personally do not believe so. I think he's put that in his past. Although he's still a pretty massive guy and if he's "off" then it answers some of the "do you lose everything once your off" questions. Otherwise he'd be about 190lbs.

I personally think that the workout/diet/genetics/gear got him to several Mr. O's. I think that his body got used to that size and he can maintain it through good eating and working out. He gets pumped up before his shoots and there ya go.

He took steroids as a teen...held the European Bench Press record at 498 as a teen. Came to America in 1968 at 250 pounds..big but no biceps peaks. He changed his drug regimen to dbol, primo, and T3 and transformed his physique. He won IFBB Universe in 1969 AND best legs after having terrible legs...but he spent time in South Africa to get calf implants. Some believe he had biceps implants as well as he has no real muscle mass but still large, peaked biceps. He had a wide waist but he disguised it in posing and pics.

He was a great bodybuilder because of his will and his mind...not great genetics...which contributed to his heart valve problem..inherited from his mother.

He probably started using roids about 15-16.

He weighed 225 in 1975 when he won in South Africa and 220 in 1980 when he won in Australia...In Australia all he had were arms..it was a travesty. His best weight was in earle 70's at about 235 but he is NOT 6'2" tall.

Last edited:
I've read Arnolds unauthorized biography. He started lifting at around 15, and started doing roids soon after. So he was on juice probably by the age of 16, 17 at latest.

As to his genetics, they were friggin awesome. His biceps were long, full and had a huge peak. His chest went almost all the way down to his stomach. He had a naturally thin waist, large frame, wide shoulders. Just look at him compared to other bodybuilders of his time. He was way ahead of everyone. Since he was juicing, eating and training the same way as everyone, it must have been his genetics that seperated him from the pack.

Are ya'll seriously arguing over whether or not Arnie had good genes? OF COURSE HE DID! Look at his structure, upper body, proportions, waist to hip ratio, etc... Plenty of the guys during that Golden Age trained hard a juiced like he did. But few of them looked near as phenominal.

BTW with some armidex he would have looked so much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom