Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What temp in the oven for prop?

hyper24

Dont tell me not to bake it because I want to just to be sure, piece of mind, who knows whats in these research oils.

I will be mixing everything up, filtering into vials and capping, then popping into the oven.

The vials will be full, that means hardly any air which means hardly any pressure increase as its the air that expands, the oil doesn't (negligible)

Anyways what temp do people believe is high enough to kill any left over bacteria but low enough to not damage the test.

The melting point is around 120C, which is hot enough to kill any bacteria, but will the test be damaged at its melting point?

there is no need to bake, the filtration through a .22u filter removes all bacteria and paticles. The benzyl alcohol will also kill any bacteria and viruses present.

If you still want to bake keep in mind that you will be using what is called dry heat sterilization which does not use steam like an autoclave. The proper time and temperature for Dry-Heat sterilization is 320°F (160°C) for 2 hours or 340°F (170°C) for 1 hour. That temp will not probobly damage the hormone as well as the carrier oil. going at a lower temp will not have sterilizing effects.

Yes ive just done some quick research, dry heat needs around 160-170C for sterilization as you said. But wet heat is only 121C... so popping these in my autoclave aka pressure cooker on around 15psi for 30mins should fix the problem.

no, because steam ist gonna get into your oil, or inside the vial, the outside of your vial will be nice and sterile. the oil will still also be sterile but not because of the heat but because of filtering and benzyl alcohol.

Top Bottom