Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's the scandal around meldonium?

NatoJiowoo

Why is meldonium forbidden and everyone makes such a big thing out of it? I use it regularly, and I would not say that it makes much of an effect. Rather would say it makes no difference about performance - so what is all that deal with it and WADA?

I do agree with you - meldonium barely makes a difference, and personally, I think that its prohibition is politically motivated. There are analogue drugs used in the west, but they were not prohibited, and then all of the sudden they prohibit the drug that is used only by easter europeans, including russia, and ban a lot of athletes for its use, while western athletes keep using the same thing. So it is not all so clear with WADA and its prohibitions.

WADA bans a lot of substances that won't necessarily give you a performance aid. They pride themselves on being the strictest anti doping agency so they ban pretty much everything under the sun to show how extensive their screening and testing protocol is.

WADA was actually planning on banning caffeine until there was an absolute uproar that they are starting to get ridiculous with everything they are banning.

It is such a small difference but WADA will ban anything. Once Cardarine was banned the athletes had to look for the next best thing.

I heard that meldonium helps to mask other anabolics and performance enhancing drugs from the tests, that why people used it

Top Bottom