Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's best for Pec growth- bar or dumbbells?

Backhouse

We all know how easy it is to get obsessed with being able to do a big bench. It seems to be a common question asked by people when they know you lift weights- "How much can you bench?"
But how effective is it for actually stimulating pectoral growth?
Personally I've found that dumbbells are far more effective and surely, as bodybuilders, this is what is important and not how much weight we are able to lift.
So what have you found is more effective for building pecs- Barbell or dumbbell?

you need to switch it up. If you go into the gym and do the same routine or even work the same muscle groups together each week then your muscles wont grow. For example... I had a workout like this:

Mon: Chest & Tri's
Wed: Back & Bi's
Fri: Shoulders & Legs
Sun: Forearms & Abs

It wasnt always the same routine but very close to the same and i plateaued big time. So i mixed up my muscle groups and my workouts and put 10 lbs on in a month when i wasnt even cycling yet. I also do dropsets and negatives to switch up my workout style. The more inconsistancy you have the more you grow. I have no scientific proof but it worked for me.

I think switching up is key, although I like dumbells for growth a little better. The most important thing in my opinion for growth is to do the reps slow, up and down. I don't think you are going to get nearly as much growth if you approach each set looking at the number of reps you get, as opposed to concentrating on the movement and going to failure, at whatever rep that happens to occur at.

Top Bottom