x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

What are normal testosterone levels?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about What are normal testosterone levels? within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: I just got my results back from blood work, and they found my test levels to be 440 (I'm 26). I'm going to do my first cycle soon, but 440 sounds low as a normal level. I'm wondering if maybe there's some other problem.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

What are normal testosterone levels?

I just got my results back from blood work, and they found my test levels to be 440 (I'm 26).

I'm going to do my first cycle soon, but 440 sounds low as a normal level. I'm wondering if maybe there's some other problem.

Re: What are normal testosterone levels?

Quote Quote posted by bobdig
    I just got my results back from blood work, and they found my test levels to be 440 (I'm 26).

I'm going to do my first cycle soon, but 440 sounds low as a normal level. I'm wondering if maybe there's some other problem.
    That's normal. For your age. Mine is 500. But i'm younger than you.

There are people on this board that know much more than me about this; however, this is my two cents.

First you need to see which testosterone value you are looking at. There is Free, Bound and Total testosterone. Total for a person under 20 is between 241 and 827. However, the value that is probably more important is the Free. Free testosterone is the testosterone that is not bound up and can potentially find a receptor. A person can have a high Total Testosterone and a low Free Testosterone level. For a person over 18 the normal values for Free Testosterone range between 34 and 194.

Now, getting to how you could have a high Total and low Free Testosterone. The two major troublemakers are Estrogen and SHBG. They work against your Free Testosterone levels. When getting a blood test for testosterone, always check your Estrodial and SHBG as well. Estrodial is you estrogen level. Estrogen levels will increase as you increase your testosterone levels. This is a problem since estrogen fights with Free Testosterone for receptors. Unfortunately the estrogen can win the fight for the receptor. It can even knock testosterone off of a receptor in its fight. Also, the higher your estrodial the higher your SHBG will go. SHBG is Sex Hormone Binding Globulin. This stuff is your bodies’ way to lower your testosterone if it thinks it is too high. Your body checks its estrogen level to determine how much SHBG to release. SHBG sticks to testosterone in the blood rendering it unable to attach to a receptor and thus creating Bound Testosterone.

All Natural

Quote Quote posted by bobdig

When I was 28, I had mine done I beleive it was 480. IN the normal range, but I was also Fat 270pds. I went on a diet and at 29, 226pds my was 512. At 32 I had mine done again I was 192 pds been lifting for 5 yrs now, I was not on a cycle I had 950!!! The doctor wanted to test me again because he said we needed to get that down, I never went back. Also remember are test lvl change through out the day. So it is higher in the morning then at night.

I have low levels natually, in the 200 area.