Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Well, I'm officially side-lined.

Slyder190

Last week on my final set of squats i knew my stance wasn't as wide as it should've been and I hurt my lower back. It felt better within a few hours as wan a little tender all week, but gave me no problems in the gym or ouside of the gym. This week I went to do squatss again and my back started hurtin, but like an asshole, I just kept squattin. Finished squats and went on to hams and by the time I was ready to do calves, I was in some serious pain. That was saturday, today it feels a litttle bit better, but still hurts pretty good. I'm hopin I didn't herniate a disc again. I went to the chiropractor today and he said it's too early to tell whether or not it's a herniation, but thinks I just sprained it real good. So no weights this week and hopefully I won't be away from the weights for more than 2 weeks tops. Just gotta play it day by day. I can only do cardio on the bike with the lowered seats and back support. So the moral of th story is, listen to your body fellas. I think the head trip of not being able to hit the weights, especially when things have been going so well is worse than the physical pain. I HATE IT!

it is probably muscular, which will heal in few weeks. if you are in pain try walking a couple miles. walking can really help minor lower back injuries.

The impact of just walking on the treadmill right now would hurt too much. I couldn't go too fast at all.

I feel ya bro, i just did a similar thing buldged disc 2 weeks ago and i am just now starting to get around good again. Been out of the gym for a week and a half and it's killing me, i'm gonna try some upper body this week hopefully... Hope you get well soon just take it easy man.

anyone who has done squats, especially when new at them, probably has experienced that awful feeling of knowing you have injured your lower back. it starts with a small pain and then quickly grows making it difficult to do almost anything for a few days. long walks really help. sometimes it is more uncomfortable to sit than stand after a lower back injury.

Last edited:
sorry to hear that bro. cheers to a successful and fast recovery. i still have an injury im working through it. i cant stand not being able to workout

that sucks i did the same thing a few weeks ago..basically i stretched and used a heat pad many many times at nite..i dont know how tender your back is but maybe you coudl try to do some box squats..since you dont need to use max weight for them to be effective..50% of your max 10 sets of 2 reps..up to you and how you feel..

Feel ya bro. hurt my back a few years ago doing heavy deads. Belt snapped in the middle of the lift. Good luck. You will get back in with no problem man. K for the recooperation.

I train and compete as a Powerlifter and would like to point something out....Many Bodybuilders don't work their lower back properly and this reflects in their squat. Often guys fail on the squat not because of poor hamstrings or leg drive, but their lower back is unable to hold the weight being driven up. As a result, I would suggest putting Back Extentions and Good Mornings into your workout as they are complementary to the squat which anyone will tell you is a fantastic exercise. Don't limit your progress through having a weak lower back.

Top Bottom