Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted stretches and joint health?

DrBones

I've started doing weighted stretches ALA dogcrapp, striclty on my pecs in an attempt to loosen them up... they get very tight sometimes and cause my shoulders to pull forward resulting in other problems...

Anyways.... heres my question.....
When stretching your pecs with say 90 lbs dumbells, your shoulder joint is wide open and in a very suseptable position to injury (from what i can tell anyways), is there much risk of shoulder injury doing these extreme stretching... can this cause long term problems?

Thanks boys and girls

i dunno, it seems a little drastic to stretch with the 90lbers.......... wouldnt the 45's do the same, i mean your just stretching right. that weight should be suffiencint just for a stretch.

X

The dogcrapp routine says to stretch with 90 lb dumbells according to debaser....

I'm just wondering if this is a massively vulnerable position to have your shoulders in....

That was DC saying what he used personally. He's one strong ass mofo there's no way I'd use the kind of weight he does (at least not for years)

Shit...
That explains it.. lol... I was stretching with 90's and WHOLY FUCK was that ever rough... I could only hold it for 30 seconds... but my pecs sure feel good from it....

What kind of weight do you bench debaser (not as a judgement, but for stretching purposes) and what kind of weight do you stretch with(your chest)...
Just to give me an idea of what I should be using

Honestly I don't want to put up my bench weight as it's embarassing to me (I know it's childish) but I believe I heard DC say you should use no more than half of what you would use on a DB bench press.

So if you used 100 pound dumbells you would use 50 lbs each for the stretch.

Top Bottom