Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Water on your Knee??

thefantom1

Anyone ever have water on your knee?? My friend has just recently started doing a lot of cardio..(running a few miles) and noticed the other day a small lump just inside the patella..it feels like fluid..it is very pronounced after exercise and then goes away after a while....he has never had any knee problems with that knee and has done nothing lately to injure it..however..back in October..he did step into a hole while running through a yard and jammed it pretty good (felt like stinging pain....limped a few days but felt OK..not 100 percent but ok) Now it is starting to stiffen and get kinda sore............ any ideas??

my advice to your friend is to get it checked out before it gets any worse... same thing happened to me and I kept ignorig eventually my knee gave out and I tore my ACL. Hopefully, it will just be fluid from the twist/sprain but if it isn't watched carefully that fluid could create other complications..:(

My advice if he refuses to check it out is to avoid high impact cardio, specifically running on tracks/step machines etc... Stick to bikes and ellipiticals to avoid most of the swelling. It doesnt work the same way, and will probably take longer for each session, but it will lower the chance of further injury...

hope this helps :D

I also stepped in a hole playing softball a few years back. It was pronounced as just a mild sprain. I also had pronounced water on the knee occasionally. I began taking celebrex daily and the water went away. However, upon further examination, it was found that I had a mild tear of my patella tendon and a slight tear of the medial meniscus. My advice, get some glucosamine and chondroitin immediately. If the pain ever arrives, go see a doctor. the glucosamine was instrumental in healing the cartilage without surgery. However the patella tear wasn't. I had it operated on in september of last year and to this day, I have regained 99% of flexibility and all of my strength and size. Best of Luck!

When he stepped in the hole a while ago he might have torn some connective tissue slightly, then aggravated it when he began cardio, which caused an edema. Give it some rest and see if it reoccurs, if so have a doc check it out.

Top Bottom