Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Watch a hair transplant this Wed on ABC

Razorguns

My friend sent this to me, who i went with him for his transplant last year (which came out f'n amazing).

FYI for you balding dudes..:

-------------

Tune in to ABC this Wednesday, March 17th
at 9pm / 8c to see me, Dr. Rassman, and Dr.
Anderson on Extreme Makeover. Unhappy with
his overall appearance, Jerry went through a
makeover from head to toe, completing his
transformation with a hair transplant at
NHI. Jerry is a class 5A who received about 2,200 grafts.
Although his results are not yet visible,
Jerry walked away from the experience with a
smile on his face, knowing he was on his
way to a new head of hair.

Be sure to watch and learn more about the
procedure and to see me and NHI in action.

Wednesday, March 17th 9pm / 8c on ABC.

After the show, check out newhair.com for
updates and some more about Jerry.

Sincerely,

William R. Rassman, M.D.

www.newhair.com

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Research showing that bald mice can grow hair after being implanted with a type of stem cell could lead to a cure for baldness, a group of scientists says.

The project marks the first time that "blank slate" stem cells were able to induce hair growth, said Dr. George Cotsarelis, a University of Pennsylvania dermatologist and co-author of the study.

The study was released this week on the Web site of the journal Nature Biotechnology in advance of its April publication date.

"We've shown for the first time these cells have the ability to generate hair when taken from one animal and put into another," Cotsarelis said in a telephone interview. "You can envision a process of isolating existing stem cells and re-implanting them in the areas where guys are bald."

The study confirms what scientists suspected for years: hair follicles contain "blank slate" stem cells that give most humans a full head of hair for life.

Although they are called stem cells, they differ from embryonic stem cells, the research on which has sparked a political debate because embryos are destroyed in the process. Embryonic stem cells are created in the first days after conception and give rise to the human body and its more than 200 different types of cells.

Biologists who study hair because of its regenerative qualities said the new study is an important breakthrough. But they cautioned that a baldness cure is still some years away.

"Like with any stem cells, the amount of information needed to get us from a stem to a fully developed organ is a lot," said Stanford University biologist Anthony Oro. "It will require a lot of things to go right and we are still along way off."

Two drugs now on the market, known commercially as Rogaine and Propecia, were first designed to treat hypertension and enlarged prostates but later were discovered to have hair growth as a side effect. Each drug has about $100 million in sales annually.

It's estimated that more than $1 billion is spent each year in the United States combatting baldness, mostly through hair transplants.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/03/15/biotech.baldness.ap/

All great, until you hear the wonderful "but this is in the early stages, we still have YEARS to go" words.

Then FDA approval. Meaning, feel free being bald for the next 20 more years. hehe. :)

I started losing my hair in high school. I have had about 4 hair transplants over the last 10yrs starting at age 22. If I hadn't got them I would be almost completely bald. But, now I have more hair than when I was 20. And, no one can tell. Its even hard for the people to cut my hair to notice.

I highly reccomend it. Be sure to goto a reputable Dr.

I also have used propecia the last few yrs. It has stopped almost all hair lost. But, be sure to have your DHT checked while on Propecia. It can shut you down too much!!!!! (lower sex drive)

If your thinking about propecia. Have your DR. prescribe you Proscar. It 5 times as strong as propecia and cheaper. (cut proscar taplet into 4ths) Also, proscar can be covered under insurance where propecia can't.

I would more than happy to help any of my bald friends. I spent the last 10yrs working on not going bald. Why be bald if you don't have to.

isn't proscar and propecia the same thing? ie: finasteride? Meaning, you can get them from Canada just as cheap. Propecia just being a brand name, not necessarily the "drug" name. ??

i'd ask a doctor first what he thinks about proscar/propecia. you gotta worry about side effects with taht shit.

What`s the cost for the transplant? I just started the proscar about a month ago. Also doing topicals... shampoo spiro cream etc... I`m planning on doing the proscar indefinately, I`ll go for 6 months or so, if it seems to be working I`ll keep going.

I watched a show on transplants and the doc was "best in the world" they did`nt show the final results but it looked promising I guess. I hoestly expected more out of it while watching. It was on a makeover show I believe. It could be the sme one you mentioned above. Possibly a repeat.

Yes, Proscar and Propecia are both brand names for finasteride. But, Propecia cost more and only has 1mg finasteride. Proscar is cheaper and 5mg. But, you are right. You have to check your Dht levels when using. For me 1mg was too much.

Gonelifting- $4 - $7 per graft. But, they have deals like 1500 grafts for $3900 etc. If your nice to the girls who cut up the grafts and the Dr. they usually throw in an extra 100 or so.

You are right you won't see results fron a hair transplant on a make over show. It takes atleast 4 months to see good results. Then, another 4 for full results.

Yes, you won't notice any results from finasteride for atleast 6 months. But, be sure to get DHT tested.

newhair.com is where all the celebs go.

the more hair you lost, the higher the cost. but on average, for your typical balding guy who still has half his hair left -- probably $8-$10k transplant.

Top Bottom