Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Warning about taking muscle relaxers for injuries!

gorillahung

I was given tizanidine for a pulled back muscle. I found that taking 2 pills instead of 1 before bed helped me sleep. I did that 3 nights in a row with no problems but on the 4th night something different happened. I dozed off for a few minutes then woke up in a panic covered in sweat. I was disoriented and I don't think I knew my own name. Paramedics were called. I went to the hospital and my blood pressure dropped seriously low. I ended up just sitting in a hospital bed hooked up to monitors while waiting for the drug to wear off. Of course the heart is a large muscle and I guess it relaxed too. I never really though that taking two pills instead of one would have made that much of a difference but it sure did. I have no idea why this happened after doing it 3 nights in a row without this problem but it happened.

you should never take these anyway

remember inflammation is your bodies way of healing itself.. you start taking these drugs for muscle pain it will only make your injuries worse in the long run.

in the old days in the NFL they would inject a player with a pain killer and send them back in the game. today even nfl teams realize that doing this ends up drastically shortening their star players careers. we see players kept out of games nowaays cause teams want them fresh for the playoffs or the next season. times have evolved and so should you.

Taking anti-inflammatory drugs like tylenol/aspirin before your workout will actually be counterproductive for your muscle building goals. Inflammation (the pump) is needed to signal the hypertrophy (muscle building) process. By taking tylenol/aspirin before your workout, you will blunt that response and not get as much of a hypertrophy response from the workout that you would of otherwise.

Not only that, a lot of these anti-inflammatory drugs are extremely liver toxic and can contribute to stomach ulcers when taken in large dosages for extended periods of time.

Don't take anti-inflammatory drugs unless absolutely necessary.

Top Bottom