Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Want To Loose Body Fat W/o Running????

godcntrols

I am 5'8 166lbs. I am trying to get bigger and stronger. I have been weight lifting for a month and a half now. I am getting stronger and tighter but not much bigger and I do situps all day and I still do not have that ripped six pack look. I tried to run but my lower back started killing me during the run and everytime I try to run the pain comes back. I know that doing cardiovascular exercise will be the primary way to loose body fat but I do not know which type of cardiovascular exercise (besides biking and running) I could do that would produce the maximum results.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

PS.
I did not want to add this but I am taking deca/winny.

Thanks

Alrighty then. Some quick tips;

1: Join a gym. I'm assuming you haven't because of your cardio problem. Ellipticals are great when you're just getting into it as it's easier than running. A gym membership will also make you want to workout because you're paying for it continuosly. I can't stand it when people say "I'll join when I'm in better shape." Don't worry about people making fun of you if you're too weak to bench much more than the bar, or "too fat to let people see me.". Everyone started somewhere, the difference is in how long you keep going.

2: One and a half months isn't very long to start seeing huge gains or anything. Don't expect results too quickly or you'll just give up when it doesn't happen. As hard as it is to stick with, the best attitude to have when you start is to pick a date 6-9 months from now, and tell yourself by then, you'll be in better shape. No need to have ripped abs by then. If you set a goal for visble abs, as time goes by you're going to be dissapointed if you don't think you're making progress.

3: Buy a camera and take Bi-weekly or monthly photos of your progress. This will; motivate you to continue to improve, reasure you that you ARE improving, and help you stay honest with trainning and eating.

4: Could really be helpfull to know your current routine and diet.

5: Prepar for everyone to yell at you for using drugs so early in the game.

calebdonnellyusmc said:
Alrighty then. Some quick tips;

1: Join a gym. I'm assuming you haven't because of your cardio problem. Ellipticals are great when you're just getting into it as it's easier than running. A gym membership will also make you want to workout because you're paying for it continuosly. I can't stand it when people say "I'll join when I'm in better shape." Don't worry about people making fun of you if you're too weak to bench much more than the bar, or "too fat to let people see me.". Everyone started somewhere, the difference is in how long you keep going.

2: One and a half months isn't very long to start seeing huge gains or anything. Don't expect results too quickly or you'll just give up when it doesn't happen. As hard as it is to stick with, the best attitude to have when you start is to pick a date 6-9 months from now, and tell yourself by then, you'll be in better shape. No need to have ripped abs by then. If you set a goal for visble abs, as time goes by you're going to be dissapointed if you don't think you're making progress.

3: Buy a camera and take Bi-weekly or monthly photos of your progress. This will; motivate you to continue to improve, reasure you that you ARE improving, and help you stay honest with trainning and eating.

4: Could really be helpfull to know your current routine and diet.

5: Prepar for everyone to yell at you for using drugs so early in the game.

Thankyou for the quick response.

My current routine is
Mon-Chest
Tues-Shoulders/Triceps
Wed-Back/Biceps
Thurs-Legs/Stomach
Fri-Rest
Sat - starts over

I take 50mg winny eod and 300mg deca a week

I havent really incoporated any cardio because I told you that the running hurts my back and the biking ( I just do not have the patience to sit there and pedal for 30min)

I understand what you are saying about it taking time. But I thought the drugs were supposed to make everything happen faster. And as I said I am a lot stronger but I want to get a lot bigger as well. I also should tell you that my diet is not that great.

I was told that in order for me to put on serious size I need to take in at least 3500 calories a day.

Currently I only take in about 2000 to 2500.
8am - Breakfest (cereal or breakfast burrito)
10am - Protein Shake
12pm - turkey Sandwhich
2pm - Protein Shake
4pm - turkey sandwhich
6pm - Protein shake
8pm - Gym
10pm - Dinner (Pasta or Chicken and Rice)
12pm- Protein Shake
1pm - sleep

I can tell you right now for me 3500 cal is impossible. I try but my stomach simply cannot hold that much food. I am assuming with cardio all that will change. I do belong to a gym but I have no idea what an elliptical is.
there is all my info, hopefully you could help me incoporate some cardio into my workout and give me some tips on how to increase my hunger.

And lastly, I can only start exercising after 5pm because I work everyday from 8-5pm.

I think you have the classic problem(s) of a novice trainer.
1. You want to lose fat, and gain muscle at the same time.
You will never see your abs eating 3500, or 3000 cals a day, while trying to build muscle.
2. Taking drugs to "make things happen" faster.
Only when you have your bulking diet dialed in, solid muscle building routine, CLEAR AND CONCISE goals for yourself, will you get there faster.
3. Situps all day?
Everyone has abs, a high volume of situps(there are better exercises) tells me you have good devolopment already. Seeing them is a matter of bodyfat %.

So I suggest you pick a goal, weight loss, or muscle building, and eat like you mean it. You can get lean not doing cardio at all, and only weight training, but your diet has to be exact. You need to find out your bodyfat%, resting metabolic rate, activity level. Start a food journal, wright down what/when you eat every day. Get a book of food counts, and figure out what everything has in it. When your diet is written out in this way, you can make easy adjustments.

I don't know what to say about the drugs, I don't know how old you are, you said you've only been lifting a month and a half. If you are a novice and you are training/eating correctly you can achieve steroid-like gains naturally, especially if you are younger. I wonder what you have in mind for PCT, this is very important.

Good luck.

Once again thankyou for the quick response.

I guess you are right about my goals, I can honestly say that right now my strentgh is improving so well that I do not want to do anything to take away from it and I only want to get even stronger for now. So I would have to say that my goal as of now is muscle building. If that means I will not yet see an intensely ripped six pack then so be it. I will continue to do situps so that when I do finally go for the serious cardio there will be nothing but pure beauty.

As far as my diet is concerned, what should I be eating? I will find out what my body percentage, metabolic rate and all that good stuff is as soon as possible and let you know. Hopefully then you could better inform me on some specifics about my diet.

I should also tell you that I have gained 10 pounds since I started deca/winny which was about 6 weeks ago. It has to be muscle because I am not fatter or even slightly overweight and I am getting pretty hard. Plus I am twice as strong as I was in all my muscles. But I am axiously wating for the serious size differenece that people say one is supposed to gain when taking Deca.

I know as a beginner drugs are not reccommended, but we all have our reasons and I am already 6 weeks into it. So all I can do now is continue with this cycle and make sure I am doing it correctly.

I will start a food journal today, and lastly
what is PCT???

Thanks

mrhoon said:
I think you have the classic problem(s) of a novice trainer.
1. You want to lose fat, and gain muscle at the same time.
You will never see your abs eating 3500, or 3000 cals a day, while trying to build muscle.
2. Taking drugs to "make things happen" faster.
Only when you have your bulking diet dialed in, solid muscle building routine, CLEAR AND CONCISE goals for yourself, will you get there faster.
3. Situps all day?
Everyone has abs, a high volume of situps(there are better exercises) tells me you have good devolopment already. Seeing them is a matter of bodyfat %.

So I suggest you pick a goal, weight loss, or muscle building, and eat like you mean it. You can get lean not doing cardio at all, and only weight training, but your diet has to be exact. You need to find out your bodyfat%, resting metabolic rate, activity level. Start a food journal, wright down what/when you eat every day. Get a book of food counts, and figure out what everything has in it. When your diet is written out in this way, you can make easy adjustments.

I don't know what to say about the drugs, I don't know how old you are, you said you've only been lifting a month and a half. If you are a novice and you are training/eating correctly you can achieve steroid-like gains naturally, especially if you are younger. I wonder what you have in mind for PCT, this is very important.

Good luck.

bro, you dont need to be cycling, if you dont even know what PCT is!!!!

Cool, you will be more able to shed fat with more muscle on you. Check out the Diet forum, there is a ton of info, and more people to help that may not see your thread here. There are many places/ways to find out RMR and Bodyfat%, right now you can check out mybodycomp.com and that can get you on the right path.

After a workout, you want a high carb/pro shake right away. Get some maltodextrin to add to your whey shake. Do not eat fats for a few hours after you workout and drink your post workout shake. You can add good fats like flax oil to salads, shakes, and stuff to add calories. Try to eat more real food complex carbs like oatmeal in the morning. Eggs are great. I eat alot of dairy like nonfat yogurt, nonfat cottage cheese, and nonfat lo-carb milk. Some people don't like it, some can't even drink it. Make sure the bread on your sandwiches is whole wheat. When you eat carbs try to leave out fat, when eating fats try to leave out carbs.

I know theres more but we'll move on.
PCT is Post Cycle Recovery. How to get your body to start making its own testosterone again, and keep your gains. Many guys get into a cycle then go off only to lose their new muscle, have no sex, and get fat. I haven't done a cycle myself, I'm still making gains naturally at 30, so I will direct you to another thread.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311693

Read up, and check out the other forums, they are more subject spacific, and will be more helpful. Many members only read/post in a couple of forums.

For me, the elimination of fast carbs was the key to fat and water loss, increased energy and a vast improvement in blood test results.

In place of flour and sugar products, I ate more lean protein and colorful veggys.

For cardio, I used a reclining stationary bike at the beginning of each training session -15 minutes; then I hit the weights push/legs/pull/rest.

I am against steriods BUT they sure do work. Your decision, but I'd sure start out low to see what my liver, kidneys and heart and love life can take.

God bless and good luck.

Ok, replace sugar with veggies.

Makes perfect sense.

But right now I need to to know where I can get some HCG and Nolvadex, both which are PCT supplements. I was told not to trust any online site and that I shouldnt even post the question, but you guys seem to know so much. Can I get it from a local pharmacy or do I just have go out on a limb purchase some online and hope it comes in the mail??

TheLion2005 said:
For me, the elimination of fast carbs was the key to fat and water loss, increased energy and a vast improvement in blood test results.

In place of flour and sugar products, I ate more lean protein and colorful veggys.

For cardio, I used a reclining stationary bike at the beginning of each training session -15 minutes; then I hit the weights push/legs/pull/rest.

I am against steriods BUT they sure do work. Your decision, but I'd sure start out low to see what my liver, kidneys and heart and love life can take.

God bless and good luck.

I'd recommend you post diet relted questions to the diet board... you will get more replies there, seeing that your problem here (besides misinformation) is mainly diet-related

Top Bottom