Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vince Taylor... F*cking Amazing... and 50yrs old!!

Outtlaw

If VT is being honest in this interview, then he is truely every bit of the genetic freak that people say he is. Just look at the mans diet (coca cola, scotch, and burgerking).. he even said he may only eat ONE MEAL A DAY sometimes!!! And still he maintains his mass. I dont even want to think what would happen if I only ate once or twice a day :worried:.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson169.htm

[ DR ] What is you current training strategy? Are you working wiser now?
VT: Yes, I am working wiser. I have never been a heavy power lifting type of guy. My attack has always been from angles. Most people try to say I use high repetitions. That is not true. I need a weight that will allow me to feel the contraction of the muscle. As corny as it may sound, I need to feel the muscle working. I Need To Feel The Muscle Working.

My mind tells me if I apply blood flow stimulation to the muscle, that will work more than every 100 to 200 pounds I can push. I go by feel, filling muscles up with blood, training from different angles and resting the body - not pushing mass amounts of weight and all that stuff. My body just says, hey I can work like this. And this has been working fine so far.

[ DR ] Just what do you do for recovery?
VT: I am working six-days-a-week, with Sunday's off. I train split sessions, one hour in the morning and two hours in the evening. Time-wise it is two hours, but this is not necessarily workout time. I just give myself that window. This is how it has been from day one, push and pull training. I recover easily.

I go home from the gym to relax and come back four or five hours later. This has been steady all of my career - I have never gotten out of that cycle. The only thing that changes is when a contest approaches and Sunday gets picked up as a workout day, and I go straight through for thirteen weeks.

[ DR ] How has your diet evolved over the years?
VT: That is the worst thing ever (laughs). It still is and will never change. My diet will never change... Coca Cola, red meat and ketchup. I will always have my Coca Cola. Right now it gets blended with a little scotch most of the time, and I have my beer. My diet has always been relaxed. It has never been one of those strict diets.

I always try to maintain at least three meals a day, sometimes this is very hard. Sometimes it is one or two. This time around I have bumped it to five meals by adding two shakes to my diet. But overall I'm not a big food consumer, never have been, never would be. So nothing has really changed there.

[ DR ] That is a very unorthodox approach. What is the composition of your diet?
VT: High protein. High carbohydrates I have very seldom, especially now I have been training hard for the last seven months or so. My carb intake has always been low. I don't like breads and don't eat a lot of potatoes and white rice. You won't find my type of eating habits in home. My eating habits are more Burger King burgers - I do this often. My main meal is breakfast, which is bacon, eggs, ketchup.

[ DR ] If this works for you it works for you, but not a lot of guys would be following that.
VT: There you go, it is nothing you can right stories about. I do it because I like it.

[ DR ] Three meals a day seems inconceivable for a top tier bodybuilder like yourself?
VT: About three usually. It might be down to two depending on if I eat or skip breakfast. I'm out the door to the gym. Come home and have a meal between 12 and one. Back to the gym at five, come home and have something to eat, and have my scotch. All of a sudden you have only had two or three meals for the day. I'm used to that. I can go all day with only one meal.

[ DR ] And you can maintain your mass on that approach?
VT: And that is the sick part. I felt for years that if I had just eaten regularly and correctly I could be a big guy. But I have never had that appetite.

His diet sounds like the average slob but he looks unreal.. Crazy shit... Definitely works out hard though.

here's the secret:

My mind tells me if I apply blood flow stimulation to the muscle, that will work more than every 100 to 200 pounds I can push. I go by feel, filling muscles up with blood, training from different angles and resting the body - not pushing mass amounts of weight and all that stuff. My body just says, hey I can work like this. And this has been working fine so far.

I knew a guy that trained in the same gym in FL that Vince used to work out at. He said he never saw him lift anything heavy. And even close to a contest he'd see him eating a bag of doritos and stuff. The guy is just incredible.

genetics are easily the biggest determining factor when it comes to bodybuilding, I have seen it too many times. I am turning 32 this year, and have been busting my ass in the gym for half my life, juicing for 5 years now. I step on stage, i do pretty well...but then I see guys like the one that won the local show here in the fall...24 years old, 5'8", and in the 230s on stage, legs that blow away the national level guys I have seen, over 20" calves, friggin unreal....i look like a stick standing next to him...no way you could look like that at that age unless it was the genetics....all the rest of us can do is keep banging away at it, and things come with time

Top Bottom