Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is vial still sterile?

JayMC

Evidently a 20guage was too big for this particular vial and air bubbles flooded the vial as I was drawing. The second day I used a 25 gauge to draw but the pressure from the original site with the 20 gauge forced more outside air into the vial. Is it still sterile and safe to use? I know you even want to limit time for the needle to exposed to the air so I’m assuming pulling air into the vial daily can’t be good right?

Thanks bro. Definitely glad you’re still alive lol. The sheer amount of air bubbles going in had me hesitant.

My question is not about the size to draw with. I’m saying A shit load of air is getting sucked into the vial when I’m drawing because a 20 gauge was too big for this cheap stopper. Do you think it’s still safe to use the vial? I believe the risk is low with airborne bacteria but I want to get your thoughts? It’s like a machine gun is firing air bubbles into the vial. It’s wild

Bump- does anyone have an opinion on the vial no longer being sterile now? If not, is there something I can do to save it?

There's BA in the solution. Airborne bacteria will not be an issue. Not cleaning your skin properly or getting bacteria on the needle is what you should be worried about.

My question is not about the size to draw with. I’m saying A shit load of air is getting sucked into the vial when I’m drawing because a 20 gauge was too big for this cheap stopper. Do you think it’s still safe to use the vial? I believe the risk is low with airborne bacteria but I want to get your thoughts? It’s like a machine gun is firing air bubbles into the vial. It’s wild

you would have to inject 5CC's of air bubbles to kill you. in other words it isn't going to happen

i'm not sure who started the air bubble fear thing but you aren't the first or last to bring it up

I wasn’t concerned about the air bubbles specifically. I’m worried about microbes getting into the vial and growing

Top Bottom