Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Using Steroids to Increase RBC/WBC Count for Surgery?

MaxBiceps

I always thought that steroids increase red and white blood cell concentration, making the blood thicker and clot more easily.

The reason I ask is cause I'm getting tooth extractions tomorrow and i purposely planned it to be on cycle as to assist with the healing process, but I read on this link that roids make the blood thinner.....????

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112312

Would it be wise to be "on" while i have dental surgery done? I mean don't they perscribe steroids to anemia patients?

Have you advise your surgeon of as uses!!! If not I probably would if it's such a concern!!!! His opinion would probably be the best advice any could give?:idea:

I had my wisdom teeeth removed when I was 17. I thought it was going to be a routine procedure (sore than night but okay in the morning) but my hemoglobin dropped soo low that I had to spend the weekend in the hospital and devoleped an abcess in the of the openings and took me one whole month to recover fully!! Besides the more a doctor knows about your health.. The more preventitive measures that can be taken. It's his job to ensure that you remain healthy. All info you tell your doctor must be kept confidential. Doctors are trained on all types of drug usage and the efffects of these drugs on human body..

I don't understand why people are afraid to tell their doctor about drug usages :confused: :confused: :confused:

Holy shit!! At least your cool now (although I can tell you sustained a little permanent brain damage J/K:D )

Telling my doctor is not an option...You'd think patient/doctor confidentiality would be enough, but whatever you tell your doctor about your health like drug use etc. goes into your medical folder that your insurance company has access to. If your insurance co knows this, it will make your premium go ^ cause they think your higher risk.....

Some steroids do treat anemia. Anadrol, is one used for sickel cell anemia. As far as using roids and having surgery, that is not a good idea. First of all, roids will cause your blood to clot more slowly than normal causing you to bleed more. If your wisdom teeth are impacted, this is something that you dont want to happen. The more you bleed the more you hurt. Secondly, roids will depress your immune system making it slower for your body to heal after a accident or surgery. Now they may help a patient recover quicker with physical therapy, but will not help them with their innitial injury. Third, it would not be a good idea to use them because of the increased risk of infection. The gear we use is mostly vet grade and not human grade drugs. The increased bacteria content would not usually affect us, but after surgery it may. It could even set up as an infection in the area you had your surgery. I recently had surgery, and before I did I made sure I was off cycle and am just now starting another cycle for rehab purposes. In my medical opinion, do not take them right before or after surgery. You are just asking for trouble.

MaxBiceps said:
Holy shit!! At least your cool now (although I can tell you sustained a little permanent brain damage J/K:D )

Telling my doctor is not an option...You'd think patient/doctor confidentiality would be enough, but whatever you tell your doctor about your health like drug use etc. goes into your medical folder that your insurance company has access to. If your insurance co knows this, it will make your premium go ^ cause they think your higher risk.....

Fortunately I never had to deal scumbag insurance salesman: Canada has free HEALTH CARE :p Price of paying 33% of wages in income tax and 15% sales tax!!!!:D

I hope you a better experience than I did... Ask your surgeon for some percadan , you will need them!!!

:rolly:

this is the kind of respone i was looking for. How does it make your blood clot slowly? By what mechanism? Does it make it thinner, etc? Also about the immune system, I thought steroid actually increased whit blood cells, more specifically macrophages, which would actually boost the immune system, no?

Thanks

Top Bottom