Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

using nolvadex off cycle for gyno?

chun lee

ive been through a few cycles and have never had any problems with gyno. but on my last cycle, (test, eq, dbols, winny) i started to notice a small lump behind the nipple. nothing to worry about, so i took 40mg of nolvdex for 3 days and it was gone. and i didnt have any problems with it since.

now, about 3 months since the end of my cycle, ive started to notice another small lump, under the same nipple. it doesnt itch, but when i feel around to find were it is, and push down on it, it stings a bit.

what should i do about this? ive never heard of anyone getting gyno symptoms off cycle, but im almost positive thats what it is. if not, anyone have ideas about what it might be? and what to do?

if it is gyno, how would i go about using nolvadex again when off cycle? all help is appreciated

chun lee said:
ive been through a few cycles and have never had any problems with gyno. but on my last cycle, (test, eq, dbols, winny) i started to notice a small lump behind the nipple. nothing to worry about, so i took 40mg of nolvdex for 3 days and it was gone. and i didnt have any problems with it since.

now, about 3 months since the end of my cycle, ive started to notice another small lump, under the same nipple. it doesnt itch, but when i feel around to find were it is, and push down on it, it stings a bit.

what should i do about this? ive never heard of anyone getting gyno symptoms off cycle, but im almost positive thats what it is. if not, anyone have ideas about what it might be? and what to do?

if it is gyno, how would i go about using nolvadex again when off cycle? all help is appreciated

Alot of folk get gyno after - estrogen rebound.
Buy Nolvadex
and take at 20-40mg ED for a month or so if bottered about it. I've been on nol for near 3 months now and lump has nearly disappeared- taken long enough though. I wonder how good my HDL levels look right now!!

Now its nearly gone, I can think about next cycle - dbol and test I think!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended my cycle in mid September and recently my nipples have been bothering me. I had minor gyno from puberty but it seems to be getting larger and feeling tender now. Waiting on my emergency nolva shipment. I have no idea why the hell this is happening, but I'm gonna try to run the nolva at 40mg for a few months to see if I can get rid of this shit.

nolva will help with new gyno formation, however if you have existing gyno, it will not help. there are guys that say they have gotten rid of their gyno with nolva or arimidex. thats BS. they may have had symptoms of gyno, or some fat tissue in the nipple area, and those drugs helped with that. but rear gyno can only be taken care of with a KNIFE

alltraps said:
nolva will help with new gyno formation, however if you have existing gyno, it will not help. there are guys that say they have gotten rid of their gyno with nolva or arimidex. thats BS. they may have had symptoms of gyno, or some fat tissue in the nipple area, and those drugs helped with that. but rear gyno can only be taken care of with a KNIFE

Well there were a few studies floating around about gyno reduction using nolva. I take them with a grain of salt, but it's still worth a shot. Shit's cheap anyway. I have nothing to lose... except some breast tissue.

Yeah, I agree with deepzen. I've seen at least 2 studies on nolv reducing size of gyno lump and in some cases erradicating it. It has also been shown within a few rare cases with clomid, but with high dosages of 150mg ED. I think the nol study used 60mg ED for 2-3 months, and large percentage of cases reduced.

It makes sense logically too. If a tissue needs a hormone to grow, then it is likely to deminish if it is starved of that hormone, which is exactly what a SERM (nol or clomid) will do in the case of estrogen. Its like muscle with test, cancel all test and muscular dystrophy occurs.

i want to ask you somethings for gynecomastia i have a steroids cycle and after that my left breast i find small lump under the nipple. with nolvadex the lump has nearly disappeared ??

I began using AAS at 37. By 38 I had small lumps behind each breast. They got progressively worse with each new cycle. By 41 they were visible from the sides.

Then I read a post by AR about he got rid of gyno by using letrozole. I used 2.5mg/day for 6 weeks and the gyno I had for 3 years went away completely. My libido was non existant during that time period but I did not have erectile problems. I did have to use nolvadex for 2 weeks after the letrozole because my nipples got sore from the rebounding estrogen.

Sometimes the lumps come back when I am on cycle but when that happens I just jump back on the letrozole and they disappear again.

So when I see a post that says the only way to get rid of gyno is surgery, I smile. That may be true in some cases; but not in mine.

Femera - letrozole - works well but Mav posted 2 studies recently that showed Nolvaldex - tamoxifen citrate - will also work.

1)
Prevention and management of bicalutamide-induced gynecomastia and breast pain: randomized endocrinologic and clinical studies with tamoxifen and anastrozole.
Saltzstein D, Sieber P, Morris T, Gallo J.
Urology San Antonio Research PA, Pasteur Medical Plaza, San Antonio, Texas, USA.

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter trial involving 107 men receiving bicalutamide ('Casodex') 150 mg/day therapy following radical therapy for prostate cancer assessed tamoxifen ('Nolvadex') 20 mg/day and anastrozole ('Arimidex') 1 mg/day for the prophylaxis and treatment of gynecomastia/breast pain. Tamoxifen, but not anastrozole, significantly reduced the incidence of gynecomastia/breast pain when used prophylactically and therapeutically. Serum testosterone levels increased with tamoxifen relative to placebo but prostate-specific antigen levels declined in all treatment groups. Further studies are needed to define the optimum tamoxifen dose and to assess any impact on cancer control. The use of tamoxifen in this setting remains to be investigated

2)
1: J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;145(1):71-6. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:

* J Pediatr. 2005 Apr;146(4):576; author reply 576-7.
* J Pediatr. 2005 Apr;146(4):576; author reply 576-7.

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

[email protected]

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifene in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene).

RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

PMID: 15238910 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

3)
Management of physiological gynaecomastia with tamoxifen.
Khan HN, Rampaul R, Blamey RW.
Professorial Unit of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK.

AIMS: We aimed to confirm suggestions that tamoxifen therapy alone may resolve physiological gynaecomastia. METHODS: A prospective audit of the outcome of tamoxifen routinely given to men with physiological gynaecomastia was carried out at Nottingham. Men referred with gynaecomastia had clinical signs recorded, e.g., type (diffuse 'fatty' or retro-areolar 'lump'), size and possible aetiology. They were offered oral tamoxifen 20mg once daily for 6-12 weeks. On follow-up patients were assessed for complete resolution (CR), partial resolution where patient is satisfied with outcome (PR) or no resolution (NR). Success was either CR or PR. RESULTS: Thirty-six men accepted tamoxifen for physiological gynaecomastia. Median age was 31 (range 18-64). Tenderness was present in 25 (71%) cases. Sixteen men (45%) had 'fatty' gynaecomastia and 20 had 'lump' gynaecomastia. Tamoxifen resolved the mass in 30 patients (83.3%; CR=22, PR=8) and tenderness in 21 cases (84%; CR=0, PR=0). Lump gynaecomastia was more responsive to tamoxifen than the fatty type (100% vs. 62.5%; P=0.0041). CONCLUSIONS: Oral tamoxifen is an effective treatment for physiological gynaecomastia, especially for the lump type.

Top Bottom