Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upcoming cycle split, how does this look?

Izzman

Hey all, I just made a post of what my upcoming cycle will consist of and all the details, now I need to construct a training split that will help optimize my gains and help bring up greatly lagging areas, which happen to be my chest and arms. My legs are so big as it is I can hardly fit into certain jeans anymore so I will stop working them out and my shoulders and back are pretty swole as well. However I really need to bring up my arms and chest so I decided that I will work them out twice a week w/ the following split:

S:Chest/Tris
M:Back/Bis
T:Off
W:Cardio/Abs/Calves
Th:Shoulders (Will emphasize less pressing movements to take work off of triceps)
Fri:Tris/Bis (with some chest calisthetics thrown in to strengthen chest)
Sat:Off

However if this appears to be way too much training then how does split look like (with upping the volume for the groups that need work):
S:Chest
M:Back
T:Cardio/Off
W:Shoulders/Traps
TH:Cardio/Calves/Abs
F:Arms/Forearms
Sat:Off

I could really use feedback here as my cycle starts in about a weeks time, thanks.

In the first split you have posted you are hitting your arms Friday then you're hitting them Monday and Tuesday, they can't recover hitting them that frequently. They might not be growing because you are overtraining them. Do the second split and flip flop your Thursday and Friday workouts to give them an extra day of rest.

silverbackn said:
In the first split you have posted you are hitting your arms Friday then you're hitting them Monday and Tuesday, they can't recover hitting them that frequently. They might not be growing because you are overtraining them. Do the second split and flip flop your Thursday and Friday workouts to give them an extra day of rest.

Will this be the case even when on close to a gram of gear a week? I mean I really want to bring up my arms and chest and in previous cycles I have always done so alittle bit by working them twice a week, but indeed I realized there is alot of arm work in split 1. Maybe Ill jus follow split 2 and up the volume for the groups that need work.

Izzman said:
Will this be the case even when on close to a gram of gear a week? I mean I really want to bring up my arms and chest and in previous cycles I have always done so alittle bit by working them twice a week, but indeed I realized there is alot of arm work in split 1. Maybe Ill jus follow split 2 and up the volume for the groups that need work.[/QUOTE
If you're going to lift a muscle group twice a week you want to space them as far apart as possible. If you are really punishing them, it will take a few days to recover. Even on a G of test of week my recovery still wouldn't allow me to hit any bodyparts twice a week. I suck. You can probably pull it off if you have decent recovery. Eat, eat, and eat some more.

Top Bottom