Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

two weeks past PCT, how to ask for bloodwork?

jokerswild

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
So Ive been off for 6 weeks and want to have everything checked out, how do I ask for these tests without saying "yea just got off steroids", any suggestions??

i dont really know...maybe you can try to see if they will test you for your total blood counts, and cell counts....i am not sure how to do it.

my buddie just went to the doc and ask for a blood work up. He told the doc he wanted to make sure he wasnt low on test because he was feeling slugish and uninterested in sex. The doc said he would run the blood and make sure all his counts were within normal range.

jokerswild said:
So Ive been off for 6 weeks and want to have everything checked out, how do I ask for these tests without saying "yea just got off steroids", any suggestions??

say you're not feeling well and have a hard time "getting it up" and have lost libido and energy...thus, you went on the internet and read that you can get a bloodwork done and see what's going on, that's all you need.

Joker, unless you're just too embarrassed to tell your doc and/or dont want to hear a lecture about your AAS use, I dont understand why there's even a need to fabricate a reason. HIPPA should protect the confidentiality of a patient's disclosures to his doc, and an ethical medical professional should want to provide all the appropriate tests to make certain everything's ok.

RottenWillow said:
Joker, unless you're just too embarrassed to tell your doc and/or dont want to hear a lecture about your AAS use, I dont understand why there's even a need to fabricate a reason. HIPPA should protect the confidentiality of a patient's disclosures to his doc, and an ethical medical professional should want to provide all the appropriate tests to make certain everything's ok.

Well put RottenWillow. His doctor(all drs) has sworn an oath to keep his patients records confidential. No reason to lie to him. Keep it real.
:Chef: :tuc:

chefbone said:
Well put RottenWillow. His doctor(all drs) has sworn an oath to keep his patients records confidential. No reason to lie to him. Keep it real.
:Chef: :tuc:

My concern would be that the info would get back to insurance companies and as a result being denied insurance because of AS use.

thats the only worry to consider, i tell my doc all, but he never puts down anywhere that i use, if it gets written down on a file somewhere it could come back to haunt you. however, your doctor cannot tell a soul or you can own their practice via malpractice. one thing to keep in mind is this though, i went in and told the doc i had a sterile infection in my glute, on the file she wrote pain in glute thats all, the details were written down, but its illegal for anyone to see those details. i nabbed the file from my doctor's biilling to make sure the insurance wouldn't see steroids. they don't write the details on the file just what you came in for and what medicine u used, i think it is essential to have a doctor you can talk to about this but thats me. people use the b-12 cop out for infections and hide behind their bloodwork, just tell them. otherwise say what mr. x suggested they can't say anything about that

Fajitas said:
My concern would be that the info would get back to insurance companies and as a result being denied insurance because of AS use.

I've never worked with an insurance company, but I was a medical billing clerk with a provider for about 18 months. Anytime you use your insurance to pay for a medical service, the are also agreeing to a standard release of information which allows the insurance company to review the services provided. However, a doc could very easily write the labwork up such that the carrier would never review it. Now if it were a $5000 procedure, then oh yeah they'd review it, but not for simple labwork.

hell ya. 5000 you better believe they want details. but for a simple bloodwork run or an infection the doc will usually just write infection or bloodwork not steroid related. good to have an insurance guy though, i always am nervous about the insurance.

Top Bottom