Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The truth about Tamoxifen (nolva)

Jigga14

So a certain board rep has been pushing nolva as the "miracle pct drug" on this board. We at Elite Fitness have outgrown the use for nolva long ago when we realized there were much better products out there that did a better job with less sides, and less FATAL SIDES. Now it seems that this certain rep wants to back up his "perfect pct" with some studies on tamoxifen that show its effectiveness. Yes it is effective to an extent, it is a breast cancer drug and selective estrogen receptor modulator, which prevents estrogen from binding to receptors. But it has documented other side effects, some of them FATAL. So if memebers wish to see some of the science behind why we don't support nolva, I have complied a few links for you all to read. The last one even goes to show how there were studies that were botched because they were paid off by the companies that were selling nolva. Its garbage, always has been, always will. There are much better options for PCT.
Thanks.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2867626/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/24977-permanent-side-effects-tamoxifen/
http://www.healthyhormones.com/news/news13.htm
http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/tamoxifen-side-effects-memory-cognitive-ability-8330/
http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-diseases/negative-effects-might-encourage-males-to-decrease-tamoxifen-with-regard-to-breast-cancer/

“However, tamoxifen exhibited two conflicting characteristics. It could act either as an anti-estrogen or as an estrogen. Therefore, while tamoxifen is anti-estrogenic to the breast, it also acts as an estrogen to the uterus and, to a lesser extent, the heart, blood vessels and bone. So, although it initially showed the tendency to counter breast cancer recurrence, it would soon be revealed that it also promoted particularly aggressive uterine and liver cancers, caused fatal blood clots and interfered with many other functions.” - http://www.all-natural.com/tamox.html

Swedish trial indicated a 400% increased risk of endometrial cancer for those 5 years on tamoxifen. With longer use the risk might be higher as "duration (of use) is more important than dosage" said Flora van Leeuwen of the Netherlands Cancer Institute. What she said is easy to understand: few smokers get cancer from tobacco in five years; it takes time. A five year study would probably pronounce nicotine as safe as nectarines. they want to dose us with Tamoxifen for life but only count the corpses for five years. The bottom line is that the longer you take this ""preventative" the more likely you are to die of cancer!

A March 1994 Journal of Clinical Oncology report showed that 67% of the tumors in tamoxifen users were "high-grade" compared to only 24% of endometrial cancers in other women, which works out to an 180% increase in bad tumors. For women with breast tumors who were later diagnosed with endometrial cancer the interval averaged 12 years for those who did not use Tamoxifen. This shortened to 5 years for users of the drug. Perhaps they should rename it TUMOR OFTEN!

R. J. Kedar of King's College School of Medicine and Dentistry in London studies 61 women in a tamoxifen trial and said: "Our study detected endometrial abnormalities at various times from THE FIRST TABLET OF TAMOXIFEN." The endometrium appeared abnormally thick in 24 of these women (39%) and 10 of these underwent potentially pre-cancerous changes. Science News reported that in this test only 5 of the 50 women given a placebo had an abnormal endometrium, and none showed the cell changes. The score was 10 to Zero against Tamoxifen. (Science News, June 4, 1994 - Study Reaffirms Tamoxifen's Dark Side).

Imperial Chemical Industries, with its affiliate Zeneca Group PLC got the National Cancer Institute to spring for a $68,000,000 "study" on 11,000 victims to procure a blessing on TAMOXIFEN as a "breast cancer preventative." Then Imperial cut a deal with the University of Pittsburgh to have Dr. Bernard Fisher lead the tests on healthy female volunteers. Imperial also cut a $600,000 check to the University of Pittsburgh in honor of Doc Fisher. No sense taking a chance the test results won't be good with billions$ at stake!

The tests began in 1992 without telling the women that Tamoxifen caused fatal endometrial cancer , serious eye damage and blood clots which can lead to strokes. The UP and Imperial knew this from an earlier 5 year test in which the Tamoxifen group developed 23 womb cancers while the untreated control group had only 2 such malignancies. SCORE: Tamoxifen cancer increase, 1,050%!

Imperial/Zeneca and U of P concealed these hazards from the volunteers in the 1993 test, fearing "potential negative publicity" (Let the women die!) / This is the same Zeneca that was being sued by the United States and the State of California for allegedly dumping DDT and PCBS into Los Angeles and Long Beach harbors. In June of 1993 they demerged from Imperial Chemical Industries. Zeneca also makes $300 million worth of carcinogenic herbicide called acetochlor every year. First they give us cancer with a poison, then they concoct another to treat us!
http://www.holisticmed.com/toxic/tamoxifen.shtml

All the bad side effects from tamoxifen and increased risk of cancer mentioned in Jigga's links are only from LONG TERM consistent use of nolvadex. No evidence of any chronic health problems from short term use like a 4 week PCT at 20mg a day.

I'm not going to argue for or against but there really is nothing there suggesting that a 4 week tamoxifen PCT poses any health risks.

Just like if you drink a bottle of wine every day for a few years you will probably have health issues, but in moderation it isn't bad for you.

There are so many people saying nolva is evil crap but where is the evidence that a short PCT can have disastrous consequences?

Is nolva good or bad when talking SHBG ?? it does increase test levels, but what about SHBG ?? as we all know, its only the free test that can be used :)

Is nolva good or bad when talking SHBG ?? it does increase test levels, but what about SHBG ?? as we all know, its only the free test that can be used :)

It's ability to raise test isdebatable. Suppressed men's T levels rose over time, but that would happen without taking anything. As for Free T -- just go with UNLEASHED. It's the hands down winner in that department.

So no empirical evidence that Clomid is "better" than Nolva? Research tends to be slanted, depending on what someones hypothesis is at the start. This debate may be better for all involved if it is based on personal experiences. But, like all the stuff discussed here, it may be a case of what works for one may not work for everyone.

even if nolva boosts T (which I believe is false) the sides far outweigh the benefits. the guys around the net who push nolva are always guys on TRT.. i think that tells the story right there. the whole nolva/clomid pct is so out of date its laughable. as someone who actually cycles on and off my recovery is the #1 thing.. and for me simply running the proper ancillaries on cycle, with hcg and HMG as a kickstart and then running a natty test booster does the trick for me everytime.

this all a to each his own... for me, i think to myself, why the fuck would i ever run something like nolva, that makes me feel like shit and does not give me a great feeling during pct like the newer style of pct... my test levels have been higher everytime without using nolva as opposed to using it... my pct's have always been better without it... so why would i use it? just because it was used in the 80's and 90's? so were vcr's and phones with cords and big circular dials... i mean come on, seriously... this is why we live in a world where things are constantly improving and new methods and technology are coming out... new ideas and products are always being formulated and in the works or there would not be so much progress being made... there are always better ways and methods being worked on and developed... that's how you get and edge and improve...

Top Bottom