Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Truly awesome pics before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans

BUBBLES

Elite M0derator
Platinum
Grand!

I got these froma friend who said they are the rael thing but if it isn't then sorry about that!!

HumorMe said:
Didn't know Katrina came from the midwest?

Those are definately just supercells in the midwest and not Katrina.

Cool pics though.
What's a supercell? a type of tornado? those all looked incredible, but not anywhere near the ocean which is where a hurricane is formed and lives.

Lestat said:
What's a supercell? a type of tornado? those all looked incredible, but not anywhere near the ocean which is where a hurricane is formed and lives.
a supercell is the strongest of thunderstorm , tornados and large sized hail , sometimes baseball size is very likely.

A thunderstorm with a persistent rotating updraft. Supercells are rare, but are responsible for a remarkably high percentage of severe weather events - especially tornadoes, extremely large hail and damaging straight-line winds. They frequently travel to the right of the main environmental winds (i.e., they are right movers). Radar characteristics often (but not always) include a hook or pendant, bounded weak echo region (BWER), V-notch, mesocyclone, and sometimes a TVS. Visual characteristics often include a rain-free base (with or without a wall cloud), tail cloud, flanking line, overshooting top, and back-sheared anvil, all of which normally are observed in or near the right rear or southwest part of the storm . . Storms exhibiting these characteristics often are called classic supercells.

RADAR

Is there a way of stopping these supercells through human intervention, like dispersing its rotation using a land mine!!

Top Bottom