Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training same muscle twice

FelixJones

[FONT=&quot]Hello![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As the title of the thread suggests, have any of you trained the same muscle group twice in the same day to try to get it to respond better?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Question would be, how many hours until a muscle group goes into "recovery mode" and it would be detrimental to work the same muscle group?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any ideas?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

you should never over train your muscle groups... if you do that, you are constantly tearing them down and never giving them a chance to repair and grow

I’m a big supporter of occasional overtraining but twice a day on same muscle is too much. Or your first workout wasn’t intense enough, unless I run out of time at gym and have to go back at night to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Yeah I wouldn’t recommend overtraining your muscles twice a day. Maybe once a week if you’re feeling it.

It's usually done for strength or power focused training. Boris Sheiko used it a lot otherwise the workouts are 3 hours long. I've crammed them into an hour and it's brutal. Vince Gironda used it for his 8x8 workouts. This was before cardio sessions became a thing and people were already lifting 3 hours a day though.

It's usually done for strength or power focused training. Boris Sheiko used it a lot otherwise the workouts are 3 hours long. I've crammed them into an hour and it's brutal. Vince Gironda used it for his 8x8 workouts. This was before cardio sessions became a thing and people were already lifting 3 hours a day though.

that’s super interesting I’m going to give Boris and Vince a look online! Thanks for the info bro!

I personally wouldn't recommend training the same muscle twice a day, although twice a week should be fine.

Top Bottom