Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

total body workout?

iron_matt-CB

just curious if any of you guys do a total body workout? i know a guy who does one every other day and he feels by not tearing down the muscles completely that it takes less time to recover therfore he can train them eod...he also uses minimal rest between sets and by the way he looks fantastic! just curoius on anyones thoughts here.

thanks

just curious if any of you guys do a total body workout? i know a guy who does one every other day and he feels by not tearing down the muscles completely that it takes less time to recover therfore he can train them eod...he also uses minimal rest between sets and by the way he looks fantastic! just curoius on anyones thoughts here.

thanks

did full body mon/wed/fri and on sat i did arms/calves

worked very well
not really a bodybuilders workout but more of an athlete/powerlifter workout

gained tons of strength in 3 months

thanks

I love it. Mon/Wed/Fri, you train every bodypart but with a different exercise. The only exercises i do twice a week are bent-over rows and Bench press and shrugs, both done monday and friday.

My workout looks like this right now:

Monday - Bench press, Bent over rows, Squats, Shrugs, Barbell Curls

Wednesday - Deadlifts, Flat Dumbbell press, Standing Military Press, Pullups, Calf Raises, Dumbbell Tricep Extensions

Friday - Bench Press, Bent over Rows, Shrugs, Quad extensions and Hamstring curls (machines), Hammer Curls.

I'll do this for 12 weeks, trying to go up 5lbs each week, and then I'll switch the exercises up (bench, deads, squats always stay in the routine)

very interesting...i think i might give his a shot when im off cycle and see how it works...i think it would be more fun as well...fo me i hate leg, and back days but throwing in some chest arms and shoulders would make it more enjoyable

did full body mon/wed/fri and on sat i did arms/calves

worked very well
not really a bodybuilders workout but more of an athlete/powerlifter workout

gained tons of strength in 3 months

Yeah, if you want to seriously develop your muscles to the max, this isn't the way to go. But to stay in shape, keep your body nice, strong, and fit, then yeah, it's definitely fine.

my problem is that i'd be faded and not get much outta the later movements.
squatting and dling pretty much wreck me, and everything afterward is usually toned down.
it would suck to then have to bench 5*5...i'd lag intensity.
anybody else like this, get cns crushed by the compounds?

in other words if you want to cut up this would work but if your looking for size this is probably not the way??

Cutting and size gains are mostly diet dependent.

I train either total body (5x5) or I use an upper/lower split. Read everything here Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version to clear up any questions. Seriously....Read all of this. you will be a smarter bodybuilder/athlete/power lifter even if you do not implement any of it.

my problem is that i'd be faded and not get much outta the later movements.
squatting and dling pretty much wreck me, and everything afterward is usually toned down.
it would suck to then have to bench 5*5...i'd lag intensity.
anybody else like this, get cns crushed by the compounds?

Programs like the 5x5 take this into consideration with the basic programming. If you start the program 4-5 weeks out from your 5RMs and work up and then surpass those maxes over the course of the program your cns adapts to the stress without shitting out on you. Eventually you will stop progressing though before you have to deload.

Programs like the 5x5 take this into consideration with the basic programming. If you start the program 4-5 weeks out from your 5RMs and work up and then surpass those maxes over the course of the program your cns adapts to the stress without shitting out on you. Eventually you will stop progressing though before you have to deload.

i've been doing 5*5 for about 5 yrs on and off.
i do it free flow, proly should get more orgainized...but every few weeks i switch up the compounds and microload with the 2.5 lbs plates.
then i wave up up the reps for a month or so.
meh

Top Bottom