Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Torn pectoral

Twitched

Fellas,

I have been feeling like king kong in the gym lately (fina/test/halo), and after my grueling chest day, I saw someones nice post about a torn pec.

Has anyone actually torn their pec before? Or known someone well personally? HOW does this happen? Is it only through poor form or what?

I'm getting nervous about going up any more on my incline db press. I feel great but I am definately due for an injury at this intensity.

Twitched

If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen. You could do it with 135 or 400. Remember, AAS does nothing to strenthen the tendons.

I know a guy that tore a Quad squatting, it detached from the bone. Wasn't bad form either the guy was an experienced powerlifter.
If you're pushing heavy weight for singles you run the risk. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

i ripped my pec once and god damn it hurt for like 2 months... couldn;t lift shit !!!!!felt like a pussy when i got back in the gym!!!
but it all came back!!:D

Twitched... I've never heard of anyone tearing a pec with DB's. The only guys I've ever seen tear pecs were working barbell.

DB's are used by a lot of people for the SAFETY superiority.

SofaGeorge said:
Twitched... I've never heard of anyone tearing a pec with DB's. The only guys I've ever seen tear pecs were working barbell.

DB's are used by a lot of people for the SAFETY superiority.

Thanks SofaGeorge.

I've discontinued barbell benchpress now for over 4 years.

We could all argue until we are blue in the face, but It's never been effective for me for chest mass, and it is hard on my shoulders.

Thanks again!

You probably read my post.
I would just be really careful. My pec tear was not that bad although I still haven’t done an actual chest work out for 2 weeks still. You can tear muscle, or you can tear the tendon right off the bone. When you tear the tendon, it can be repaired with surgery, but there is almost always nerve damage which ranges from moderate to sever. If the nerve damage is bad. Forget about that muscle the rest of your life. It will never be the same.

I think at this point my mistake was (this is my theory right now), that a certain part of my chest was less flexible than the rest and when I went all the way down on the bench, that particular part of my chest was stressed. I felt it on my second rep, and still did 10 reps. That was stupid. Injuries take too damn long to heal.
Stretch and warm up!

Oh ya, before I tore my chest, I thought the same thing as you and decided to go light for a few workout to let my muscles and tendons catch up. Then I went heavy and it happened.

Bro usually there are micro tears many weeks before that build up slowly....they give you warning signs like chronic soreness and perhaps pain. This is not always the case though.

If on juice you are at more of a risk as you know. BE SURE to never do explosive movements, no momentum, and to train very strictly.

Dorian yates, who had a lot of tears, gives the above advice

I think the worst offender for pec tears are dips too deep, but more often than not just plain old flat benches.:(

Top Bottom