Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Torn Ligaments + Cortizone

damescleman

I've got a torn ligament in my ankle. I was wearing a brace to prevent my ankle from moving, but it wasn't helping it heel. The doctor gave me a cortizone shot as an alternative to having surgurey. The surgurey would be the one that they go in and cut the ligament, drill a hole through the bone and pull the ligament through it, and tie it in. Anybody else have this surgurey done? It felt like it was brand new since last Thurs. but today if I stand on my toes, it hurts a little. Is the cortizone wearing off or is it just to badly damaged to help?

I'd hate to say it bro but your best shot would be to have the surgery. I used cortizone many times and it just hides the pain for a little while then the pain will come back. Thank god for cortizone or I would have sat out alot of games throughout my career. :D

the truth is, that is a tough surgery for an athlete to return to play but if you are not a big runner and weekend sports guy.....just a lifter, you will do fine. Make sure to check into who is the best at that surgery in the 200 mile radius. The shot is not a cure and the doc is just delaying the inevitable. It will require 6-8weeks of light rehab but you'll do fine.

I sell orthopedic implants including ankle joints and It seems premature for a surgeon to suggest ankle surgery unless this is a chronic problem. Keep it braced or better wrapped. Seek a second opinion.

I'm not a marathon runner or anything, but I run for my cardio workout or I'll use the stair climber. When I run I might run a mile or two at 6 or 7 mph. I'm hoping that the slight pain will go away, but if it doesn't, I'm for sure gonna get a second opinion.

Top Bottom