Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Torn Labrum

best of luck. if its torn, it wont grow back together but you can do yourself serious favors by maintaining range of motion until you can get surgery. Then when you do, work your shoulder like a mofo with PT so it doesnt freeze up on you. Biggest part of shoulder injuries is maintaining ROM and breaking up scar tissue.

Yeah I have an issue with my elbow too, which sucks for the kind of stretches where you put your arms behind your back to stretch the front of the shoulder. The PT says I have fine functional range of motion and I do yoga every week so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Been graduating to much higher weights for the exercises that strengthen the back of my shoulder.

Plus it's not like I'm a professional athlete, I'm not dying to post new PRs on bench and stuff, I am just trying to be balanced and happy. It's much easier when I don't worry about stuff. ;)

dude just had that surgery... FUCKING sucks..

it won't ever heal.. you have that MRI thing where they jam that needle in your shoulder? hurt like a bitch...

hit me up if you need more info..
i had torn labrum, bicep tendon and rotators cuff... fixed it all while they were in there.. out patient surgery so that was nice

dude just had that surgery... FUCKING sucks..

it won't ever heal.. you have that MRI thing where they jam that needle in your shoulder? hurt like a bitch...

hit me up if you need more info..
i had torn labrum, bicep tendon and rotators cuff... fixed it all while they were in there.. out patient surgery so that was nice

yeah the only way for the surgeon to have any idea what he's up against is to do the MRI where they inject dye into the joint beforehand for contrast. I haven't had that done on my shoulder, just my elbow. It's just weird cos it already hurts and you know the joint is damaged, then they jab a needle into it and inject some kind of noxious dye. Talk about adding insult to injury!

I think it's called an arthrogram or something. I think the dye itself even stings. You'd think they'd just mix up some dye in a cortisone shot with lidocaine so at least it feels better for a little while, but NOOOO!!!! lol

going through the same deal bro. tore mine a month and a half ago playing football. The general pain goes away after a week or 2 but i still dont have a full range of motion without any pain or weird feelings in the joint area. my doc wants me to go in for surgery but I dont see the need. PT and a lil time off will do you good. Sucks tho im back a ground zero for lifting..bench went from 325 to the bar

going through the same deal bro. tore mine a month and a half ago playing football. The general pain goes away after a week or 2 but i still dont have a full range of motion without any pain or weird feelings in the joint area. my doc wants me to go in for surgery but I dont see the need. PT and a lil time off will do you good. Sucks tho im back a ground zero for lifting..bench went from 325 to the bar

when I tore mine the pain never went away.. I waited about 4 months and I couldn't lift anything... the not being able to move it sucked ass... the worst for me was sleeping because to roll over in bed was a chore and fucking painful but then again mine was labrum, bicep tendon and cuff so could have been from any of those.... what did you do to yours bobby?

I dislocated my shoulder and tore all that shit up, not playing football though

when I tore mine the pain never went away.. I waited about 4 months and I couldn't lift anything... the not being able to move it sucked ass... the worst for me was sleeping because to roll over in bed was a chore and fucking painful but then again mine was labrum, bicep tendon and cuff so could have been from any of those.... what did you do to yours bobby?

I dislocated my shoulder and tore all that shit up, not playing football though

Dude, fisting juicer girls is dangerous, give yourself some credit. It's at least as hard to do properly as playing football collegiately.

I think I actually did mine playing FLAG football and just aggravated it several times playing 4th string cornerback in college in practice on stuff like punt blocking drills and block evasion techniques. SO LAME.

I'm lucky, sleeping is OK, I just get this "weird" tight feeling in my shoulder. One thing I can't do is shrugs. I used to KILL some shrugs. But now I get that weird pulling/pinching feeling in my trap area when I shrug. It's hard to explain but it's like the fibers of the muscle aren't all pulling in the same direction and it's kind of like a cramp.

Bobby how old are you? If you're playing "real" football like in school and you plan to come back for another season, strongly consider the surgery. I think it's really likely you'll end up worsening it when you play. Whatever you decide though, hang in there and good luck bro.

Man that sucks. I did the same thing doing judo and I spent 4 months in a sling, than a year only being able to bench 95lbs with some minor pain. I had lost some range of motion, but yoga has helped me regain most of it. Spent 4 weeks stoned from pain killers.

Top Bottom