Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Torn ACL

TA63

Well, I just found out today that I completely tore the ACL in my right knee. I'm just a bit pissed about this, as I was considering my 1st cycle. Going under the knife April 2. Any of you guys been through this before? Anything I can take during rehab to speed things up? Also, how long after surgery do I wait before I resume lifting lower body again?

I had ACL done..

6 months before I could play football again..

I wouldn't mess around with a cycle until you can at least jog.

Andy

my friend just tore his ACL a week ago playing basketball. They said 5-6 months he can play sports again. At least they gave him alot of percs and vicodin, haha, enjoy the time off.

i feel for you. i tore it 3 years ago. just had the surgery 2 weeks ago, march 2d. first few days were the worst. fortunately my surgeon believes in aggressive rehab so i didn't have a splint or a brace and have almost full range of motion back. on the down side. my quad went from 26 to 23 inches and i've lost 20 pounds down to 200. feel free to pm me if i can answer any questions along the way.

I dont plan on fooling with a cycle. Just kinda wondering if anything out there might help speed up the rehab. Stange thing is that it didnt hurt at the time. I got right back up. Swelled up the next day though and couldnt even bend it.

Had 2 firends tear their ACLs one dirtbiking the other snowboarding.
They were both in the gym 2 months after their surgery doing light weight with lower body. Both were training upper body within 2 weeks of surgery.

Personally I think doctor's always are on the more precautios side for fear of being sued for malpractice. I would start with just trying to do the movements of squats and leg presses without any weight and go till you feel the slightest discomfort.

Is it true that when youre ACL heals from a tear it is stronger than it was originally or is this a myth?

TA63 said:
I dont plan on fooling with a cycle. Just kinda wondering if anything out there might help speed up the rehab. Stange thing is that it didnt hurt at the time. I got right back up. Swelled up the next day though and couldnt even bend it.

And you say it's completely ruptured? Sounds strange to me...If it was completely torn you wouldn't be able to lock your leg out, which makes walking kind of difficult. And the fact that your lower leg is free to move forward relative to your femur would make it quite painful. I'm guessing it's a 2nd degree sprain with damage to one (or both) of the menisci.

That's just a guess, from the information I have...I guess your doctor WOULD know more than me considering he saw the scans. LOL.

I've torn my ACL in both knees, had the surgery for both, the surgery did not work well for either. On my left knee, they eventually took the ACL out completely after 4 additional surgeries. The right ACL was operated on in November 2002 and it actually hurts more than the one with no ACL. It all depends on how your body heals, obviously mine doesn't heal all that good. Both my reconstructions used my own tendons. You're lucky if it didn't hurt, when I tore my first one I got up after minutes of writhing in agony and popping my knee back in place and attempted to finish my game of football. I took 3 or 4 steps backwards and damned if it didnt dislocate again. I hobble into the emergency room on base and they gave me some 800mg Motrin and told me it was a sprain and ice it!! Gotta love those corpsmen!

WolfPack Charlie said:
I've torn my ACL in both knees, had the surgery for both, the surgery did not work well for either. On my left knee, they eventually took the ACL out completely after 4 additional surgeries. The right ACL was operated on in November 2002 and it actually hurts more than the one with no ACL. It all depends on how your body heals, obviously mine doesn't heal all that good. Both my reconstructions used my own tendons. You're lucky if it didn't hurt, when I tore my first one I got up after minutes of writhing in agony and popping my knee back in place and attempted to finish my game of football. I took 3 or 4 steps backwards and damned if it didnt dislocate again. I hobble into the emergency room on base and they gave me some 800mg Motrin and told me it was a sprain and ice it!! Gotta love those corpsmen!

What do you mean they took it out completely? That's impossible. And technically, it IS a sprain.

No, it is quite possible. After the initial reconstruction surgery, a "cyclops legion" of scar tissue formed on the new ACL which made my leg permenantly stuck at about a 30 or so degree angle. I went went through 3 more scopes to remove the scar tissue. Every surgery ended with the same fate, more build-up and stuck leg. So on the 4th and almost final surgery they went in and cut out the ACL graff permenantly. I had a 5th one about 2 years ago to remove the screws.

Top Bottom