Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Topical iodine affects estrogen's ability to bind to breast cells??

VascularRock

MVP
EF VIP
Has anyone ever heard of this? I recently read a statement made by Christiane Northrup, MD, an obstetrician-gynocologist paracticing in Yarmouth, ME, and assistant clincial professor of obstetrics and gynocology, Univeristy of Vermont College of Medicine at Maine Medical Center, Portland. She recommends topical iodine for woman that have painful breast cysts. She goes on to say that iodine seems to affect the ability of estrogen to bind to the breast cells (we need a study). She prescribes woman apply a three inch square patch to your upper thigh or lower abdomen. If the stain fades in a couple of hours, apply it to another area. Continue to do this until the stain persists for 24 hours.

Has anyone heard of using topical iodine to prevent gyno?

big bump

VascularRock said:
Has anyone ever heard of this? I recently read a statement made by Christiane Northrup, MD, an obstetrician-gynocologist paracticing in Yarmouth, ME, and assistant clincial professor of obstetrics and gynocology, Univeristy of Vermont College of Medicine at Maine Medical Center, Portland. She recommends topical iodine for woman that have painful breast cysts. She goes on to say that iodine seems to affect the ability of estrogen to bind to the breast cells (we need a study). She prescribes woman apply a three inch square patch to your upper thigh or lower abdomen. If the stain fades in a couple of hours, apply it to another area. Continue to do this until the stain persists for 24 hours.

Has anyone heard of using topical iodine to prevent gyno?
no, but post that study! Very interesting!!!
Bionic

e6er said:
Why your thigh and abdomen? I would think it would be applied to your chest.

The thigh and ab are where things are absorbed better into the body. Obviously the iodine must work systematically no preferentially. Could work. I'd rather just take a pill though.

Top Bottom