Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time off? And queation for the bigger guys.

Slyder190

I got a cycle coming up in mid Feb. I hurt my back and have been seeing a chiropractor, but he sucks so I gotta see different one. I can get through workouts, but haven't been able to go real heavy on certain movemennts and can't do suats right now. Also, I've been having pain in joints, my wrist and where my ankle kinda meets my foot. I'm 27 and never had any great degree of problems, a little back pain (since high school) and had problems with my knees, but the pain went away after a while and some switch of positions on squats. Now I feel like I'm falling apart all at once. I want to be 100% for my cycle and pain free. I usually take a week off every 3 months. It's bben 2 months since I last took a week off. I'm gonna see a doc this week just to get a check up on things and I'm confident I will find a new chiropractor on my insursance plan that will help me, I've had success with chiropractioc care in the past. I'm thinking of taking two weeks off. It will KILL me mentally to do so, but I'm not happy not being able to go 100% in a workout and putting up with the pain I have the past 2 weeks. What do you guys think? For all you big guys that go heavy because you've worked your way up to that point, do you guys ever run into problems with joint pain or anything similar?

yeah bro i ran into that problem over the summer, i got into a car accident in april and worked out till the end of june till it got to the point where i had to go see a chiropractor and stuff for it. i took 4 weeks off and then came back a little weaker, but in a few weeks i was stronger than ever, moral of the story: let it rest, then go a few more weeks natural so you can get the most out of your cycle

Cyclone

Muscle memory, bruddah!

You can grab a few weeks off and come back a little weaker and smaller, but in no time you'll be right back to where you were. That's the beauty of muscle memory. I cycle my training. I can go extremely heavy at times (I weigh in the 290s right now), but I have to lighten the loads occasionally. I'll train heavy for 3 months, then adopt a program of lighter lifting for a few months. I would also recommend taking a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement. Throwing some deca into your cycle will do wonders for the joints as well. Good luck.

I hurt my lower back too. I can't do deadlifts and it hurt pretty bad when I do squats. The doc told me not to us my lowerback for anything for a couple of weeks and he gave me some antiimflamatories. But, after two weeks the pain was still there. I'm going to get a second opinion soon. Help you get better bro injuries suck

Need some more info

Please, anyone with more info, post it. I will be looking into seeing a new chiropractor, a regular doc and I'm thinking an orthopedic doc as well. I will take a week off this week and hopefully not have to extend it to two weeks. I'm not over training at all. I work out 4 days a week. 6-7 sets for small body parts and 9-11 for biger ones. I'll rotate that with weeks of even less volume, 4 sets for small bosy parts and 6-7 for larger ones. My wrist, ankle and knees I think neeed a little break maybe, but I'm sweatin my back problem in a big way right now.

you need to listen to your body and take some time off. when you come back you will be feeling great and get stronger and bigger. muscle memory is a great thing. i have to take a brak every now and then when i start hurting too much. good luck!

My brother in law is 47 and benches 525. He tore his pec about a 3 years ago and has been nursing it back ever since. He hasn't done a cycle in about 15 years and just today I gave him 500 d-bol. Point is he was injured and took the necessary time off till he could start going heavy again. You have to be smart when it comes to injuries. His patience was a lesson to me and hopefully it will be to others.

Top Bottom