Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time off on cycle? who does it?

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
I'm kinda in the middle of my cycle I guess. The length has changed a few times to longer lol.
I'm finding that my right elbow is getting annoyed. I was to the point where I was going to take some time off and the deca fixed it totally.
So last week I was working tri's(its on the back side of my elbow, the tri side) and using seated dip machine that i love for tris and chest. I noticed that the max weight on the machine that I have been using plus the 10 lb weight I hook to it is 260 lbs. So I say hey, thats only 5 lb short of my body weight. Why not go try REAL dips. So I go over and bang out 6 reps. First time ever being able to get real dips. The problem was, the weight wasnt bad at all. But having to balance your entire body and use core strength also put alot more stress on my elbow. Now, a week later it hurts like a bastard. Todat was tri day again. I had no issues with reverse grip bench. Also after my tri's were pumped The pain kinda went away a little. I used seated dip machine again which wasnt real bad. But when I got to rope press downs and or straight bar press downs, that was a big fat NO GO.
So I wanna take a week off totally and maybe just do Legs once while off and maybe deads monday and friday so I dont completely NOT train. I know its just a mental hang up here but I feel like a sack of shit for taking a week off mid cycle.
Any of you guys do that ever? I would like to let the deca do its thing again for a week. It fuckin cracks when I extend it and squeeze like when you crack your knuckles.

Ugh, that sounds like my knees. I feel where you are at, but have nothing to offer (I'm post cycle right now, it you can't tell by my enthusiasm... :) ) Ice it, take an ibuprofen before bed so it can heal with less inflamation as you sleep. That's all I got. What happened during your week off? Did you lose any size? I think the rest may just do you good, especially if it's just a week.

i havnt taken a week off yet. was going to this week. friday before last went real heavy with tri's and did the aggravation, this friday it was obviously real aggravated. hurt yesterday, cracking constantly. Hurt holding myself up while :evil: with the wife lol. Actually I just woke up and its barely cracking and feels really good. like 85% better. FUCK I LOVE DECA!!!!!!

I would hate to take a break mid cycle, but you have to listen to your body bro. If it's telling you it needs a break, take one.

you couldnt do normal dips before cycle? what are you doin using gear you still have ways to go to reach natural ability. i weighed 238 and could do over 40 dips before even touching any gear.. but i feel ya on the pain my left shoulders been buggin me lately

you couldnt do normal dips before cycle? what are you doin using gear you still have ways to go to reach natural ability. i weighed 238 and could do over 40 dips before even touching any gear.. but i feel ya on the pain my left shoulders been buggin me lately

I have never been able to do Normal dips. Mostly because of shoulder pain years ago so i never tried them again. Just like I never used to do flat bench BB because the angle never agreed with me. Not because I cant move the weight!! So nowadays the shoulders arent really an issue. So i thought I would try them. As far as using gear, this is far from my first time. Yes I'm one of those Assholes that 12 years ago when they were 21 decided fuck reaching my natural potential first, I'm doing gear....lalalalala I dont hear your natural potential advice. I did my first cycle before Elite, then I found Elite before my second. No regrets

Glad it's getting better. For my elbows and shoulders I have to shorten range of motion and use very specific hand position and form to hit the target muscle with dips. I don't have a dipping station to use, but I can use my feet to help me (behind me, bent leg on a chair). No shame in it.

Glad it's getting better. For my elbows and shoulders I have to shorten range of motion and use very specific hand position and form to hit the target muscle with dips. I don't have a dipping station to use, but I can use my feet to help me (behind me, bent leg on a chair). No shame in it.

Thats why I use the seated Dip machine for tri and chest. Lets me lean way forward, backwards, or do all kinds of crazy elbow angles and whatever to A) target what I need and B) Be safe about it. Believe me if it werent for my elbow, I would be doing normal dips with a goddamn 50 lb DB strapped to my ass.

I still cant do skull crushers or over head extensions. Havnt been able to for years. That angle and certain stress point Kills my ligaments. I need goddamn Prolotherapy but I just cant do it right now.

Well I was wrong. Upon further review, the joint is pretty good. But now that all the inflamation is gone, some of the soft tissue is still strained. So I'm not gonna take the week off. But I am going to use considerably lighter weights and higher reps to at least have "some" muscle stimulation. I dont do tri's again till friday so hopefully by then.

Top Bottom