Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thyroid issue after cytomel

thewomble

Hi, guys I am desperately in need of some sound advice. I have a question re the thyroid gland... I did something a couple of weeks ago that I now sorely regret - in an attempt to lose weight I took cytomel T3 @ 25mg a day for 5 days then did one day of 50mg and it gave me palpatations and insomnia so the next day I reduced it to 37.5mg, but still had insomnia, so the nest day I reduced it to 25mg which i took for a further 3 days, then I did two days at 12.5mg, then two days at 6.25mg. When I came off it I felt lethargic, my hair went dry and then I got a sensation of having lump in my throat which felt exactly the same as the one you get when you are going to cry! I have been off the cytomel for a week now and have gained weight, feel tired and have the lump in my throat... I have read that these are all symptoms of hypothyroidism, and that sometimes after using cytomel T3 there can be a rebound effect. I am really worried that I have screwed up my thyroid, but don't know if it is purely a rebound effect. If it is rebound how long should it approximately last, and how long should I leave it before I see my doctor? I don't want to tell my doctor what I have done, so I need to be sure that it is not rebound, otherwise he will test my thyroid and then treat me for hypothyroidism when I don't actually need it which could really screw me up. I am really really scared and feel very depressed, any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated. Cheers

u need to be extremely carefull with t3 bro. the key to t3 is to slowly ramp it up then slowly back down again. im guessing that you temporarily stressed out your natural t3 production, but then agian im not a doc. if i was you i would get it checked out. go to your doc and tell them that you are feeling a tightness around your throat and that uve been feeling very weak and tired lately. that will give them a reason to check your thyroid levels.

First, are you male or female? Those are pretty small doses and I wouldn't expect to see that kind of response in most people. Females are more sensitive though, which is why I ask. However, I'm thinking there may be some anxiety componenet to your symptoms which you may be attributing to the drug itself. Were you worried about starting the drug to begin with? All the symptoms you described are seen with anxiety alone.

Regardless, I think your thyroid is absolutely fine (assuming there was no pathology prior to taking cytomel). You were only on for 12 days which is not long enough to "suppress" your natural production much at all. Any slight suppression would have returned to normal by now. Even if it is slightly low, it wouldn't cause symptoms in one week, especially weight gain. Severe hypothyroidism would have to be present for an extended periord of time for that to occur.

Also, numerous studies have shown that taking exogenous thyroid hormone does not cause permanent suppression of the thyroid.

Bottom line, don't worry. For peace of mind, you can ask your doc to draw a thyroid panel if you want. I would wait 3-4 weeks though. Anytime you take exogenous thyroid hormones, it takes 6-8 weeks for your endogenous thyroid levels to be fully affected.

T3 kills most people. j/k

WTF ??? It's a good product with the right gear or hgh. Sick of all the BS about fried thyroids,etc.

Top Bottom