Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thrown-out Back

jumpshot

Posted a similar thread on the AAS boards but for a different reason.

So playing ball (bball) before lifting at the gym always works for me. Not tonight, tried to shake somebody, made a funny movement and felt two pops in the very lower back. It's happened before, now I feel like my abdomen is forced pushed forward, and I'm leaning a little to one side and bent over forward. This sucks. I'm 32.

I'm 5/10 weeks into a serious training regiment, now looks like that's all down the shitter. I spose I'm looking for similar experiences, therapies, stretches, or whatever. I'm calling the Doc in the morning. This isn't the first time it's happened.

Input appreciated.

I strained my back at work a while back. The Doc gave me flexoral...great muscle relaxer and made me sleep too. Doc told me that if you are leaning to one side/standing crooked it is a strained muscle. Muscle relaxer and then do allot of stretching for your lower back.

I'd still go to the doctor though just in case....

yeah my superAmerican HMO will see me the first week of August. Maybe by then I'll throw it out again so they'll have something to diagnose.

You're leaning to one side and bent forward? Do you have any numbness or tingling down either leg, in your toes, foot, etc.? Is the pain made worse by lying down, bending over, or standing upright? Do you have any numbness/tingling anywhere when you bend forward?

Normally I do not x-ray patients who are <55 years of age without a significant traumatic mechanism (i.e., ejected from a car at 55 mph) or without history of cancer. The only exception are young individuals (i.e., <25) who might be at risk for certain conditions (spondylolysis, spondylolithesis) who often have normal x-rays and require CT imaging instead.

Your story sounds concerning for one of those exceptions. Spondylolysis and spondylolithesis is commonly seen in young athletes who regularly perform twisting or hyperextension movements. Your story makes that possible.

Here is some information on it: http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article1430.html

I would call your doc back and tell him the pain is getting worse (an old HMO trick). If the secretary cannot accept you, ask to speak to him or his nurse personally. A lot of times a secretary with no medical training makes the appointments and doesn't know who to schedule ahead of others. If you make enough stink about being in pain, having trouble walking/moving around, etc., then he probably will see you sooner than August.

Hope everything turns out ok!

Yeah leaning a little forward and to the right, no numbness or tingles. Pain is worse standing straight up normally. Better laying down or standing a little on toes. Seems like my midsection is offset on my torso sort of, like I can't flex my abs now, it's really odd.

It's getting better day to day, only now I woke up with the HUGEST crink in my neck. I must have slept wrong compensating for the back thing. Can't turn my neck barely at all. Damn I'm usually a super fit guy too! WTF!!

K to all. Oh and my buddy was diagnosed with Spondylolysis, and he's in PAIN, sure do hope I don't have that!

well now my back in back to normal, no sign of the problem, how wierd is that? On the flipside, my neck is completely tweaked. I wake up in the morning and can't turn my head side to side. Hurts to even lift my head off the pillow. After a few hours of being up it loosens some, but damn. Can this shit migrate? I'm not making this up! lol

make sure you strenghten your core and stretch all the muscles that attach to your pelvis to prevent anything like this happeneing again!!

bigstve12 said:
make sure you strenghten your core and stretch all the muscles that attach to your pelvis to prevent anything like this happeneing again!!

this is exactly the advice my physiatrist gave me. He showed me stretches I'd never seen before to do just that. Of course I've forgotten them all already. Anyone have a site that illustrates core stretching?

mahalo!

Top Bottom