Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

for those that have USED western union online

poantrex

Okay, I was sending funds for an int'l order via western unions website, and after completing the transaction the website instructed me to call a toll free number to provide additional information. Upon calling, I was asked if I knew the recipient and was also asked if my phone number is listed in the phone book...wtf? I got a strange feeling about this and promptly instructed the agent to cancel my money transfer.

Has anyone else used WU online and have any thoughts on this? The agent informed me that this was a normal part of the process for EVERY transfer done on their website, but I got a strange feeling nonetheless. What do you folks think?

never happened to me, and i've done tons of thousand dollar overseas WU transfers. BUT........a friend had it happen to him just like you said. i think he cancelled it too, may have went through with it. we are not on speaking terms as of today or i'd ask. but it did happen to him and i did not believe him. guess i was wrong since it happened to you.

also, i did have to wait for them to call me at my home the first time i used online WU to verify it was me , and not someone using my CC. that was cool with me. the lady just called me back after i called the 1-800 # the online site told me to call (she had me hang up and await her call), and she asked me my name and all that shit again. and verified me. then it was smooth sailing from then on.

DRRman said:
why risk using your credit card and real info anyways?

because its fun and easy. :D you really got to use real info with them if you want any recourse with them also. so CC is the same deal as cash if you ask me.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I sent money, then got an e-mail saying I had to call to verify it. They asked me if I knew the person, etc, and I just said yes. They paid the money, and the guy on the other end sent the gear as he said he would. The money was sent to an Eastern European country, so maybe Western Union was just making sure that I had a legitimate reason for sending it there.

I have NEVER had that happen. That is NOT normal.

The whole idea of WU is you sending money for YOUR convenience... not your verification of your identifying information.

Its just a security check to make sure your CC isnt being used fraudulently,especially when transactions are going to Eastern european countries,if they have your CC details you may aswell give them your proper tel number,because they could track u down either way.WU have all types of security checks in place now since 9/11 I wouldnt worry about it!

I had sent money for something not gear related and had to call back, as was mentioned, I think it's just a check to make sure someone didn't steal your CC number.

Top Bottom