Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The testosterone question, advice or whatever info you have

mostly_a_lurker

Been looking around and can't find a good answer or place to start on this. Was looking at Test 600x and there was another call Crazy Mass something. This over 40 thing is just not cool. Not looking to do injections of the harder steroids, just looking for a boost. Hoping to hear from the experience on this board and get a starting point.

If you're over 40 teen tour doc you want your testosterone levels tested. Read the symptoms of low test as a backup if he gives you grief. Mine dropped below normal in my mid 30s. I would have never had it checked if I wasn't already reading about TRT.

Bonus: once on TRT, you don't have to worry about PCT.

I hear you about not wanting to go injectable. Its a big step but I'm in my late 40's and have been on self administered testosterone therapy for a couple of years now. Its not the be all end all but it has changed my life. Not trying to push anyone to do anything but its truly worth consideration.

Thank you for the input. I've never done any sort of cycles. The most I've tried is Tribulus but didn't really feel like that did anything. Right now I'm just taking some zinc supplements. The biggest thing for me is that I felt fine until I had a vasectomy. After that, I would swear that it messed me up, it was just too coincidental. I thought for while it was mental but after waiting it out, I just don't think its a mental thing anymore. I'm not a big guy, 175-180 5'9", I'm not fat, I'm not skinny either, I think I have a decent physique. I workout 3-4 times a week, I'm not a gym rat, I just like to do some exercises, 20 minutes cardio then lift for 1 or 2 specific muscle groups the same day.

I'm not against injectables, I would first like to see if something else might do the trick then go that route.

I am curious though, how has the therapy changed your life?

I'd try some Clomid or low dose Nolvadex and cabergoline to see if you can boost your natural testosterone levels without injections.

Thank you for the input. I've never done any sort of cycles. The most I've tried is Tribulus but didn't really feel like that did anything. Right now I'm just taking some zinc supplements. The biggest thing for me is that I felt fine until I had a vasectomy. After that, I would swear that it messed me up, it was just too coincidental. I thought for while it was mental but after waiting it out, I just don't think its a mental thing anymore. I'm not a big guy, 175-180 5'9", I'm not fat, I'm not skinny either, I think I have a decent physique. I workout 3-4 times a week, I'm not a gym rat, I just like to do some exercises, 20 minutes cardio then lift for 1 or 2 specific muscle groups the same day.

I'm not against injectables, I would first like to see if something else might do the trick then go that route.

I am curious though, how has the therapy changed your life?

Wow this is the first I've heard of the vasectomy thing. I too had a vasectomy at about 33 years old and also felt that I've never been the same. I slowly started developing ED symptoms but chalked it up to being in a bad marriage and having no interest in her. Fast forward 13 years post divorce tiny hot asian thing sitting on my lap and nothing. No desire just meh.

Testosterone made me me again. In the gym it is no magic bullet but I work hard and it gives me the extra edge. In 2 years I've put on 20lbs of muscle and the hormones have made it much easier to control my body fat.

Wow this is the first I've heard of the vasectomy thing. I too had a vasectomy at about 33 years old and also felt that I've never been the same. I slowly started developing ED symptoms but chalked it up to being in a bad marriage and having no interest in her. Fast forward 13 years post divorce tiny hot asian thing sitting on my lap and nothing. No desire just meh.

Testosterone made me me again. In the gym it is no magic bullet but I work hard and it gives me the extra edge. In 2 years I've put on 20lbs of muscle and the hormones have made it much easier to control my body fat.

Yeah. The thing is I had to have it done 2 times. And let me add that neither time was comfortable. After the first time, I felt ok, orgasms were the same, desire was the same. I don't know if that had to do with the failure of the procedure or not but I felt like, oh, no big deal until I found out that it didn't work. After the second time, when it finally succeeded was when I was like, WTF!!. I was trying to think of reasons like it was my mind, or I just needed more healing time. I started to look around more and found out that there were more men who have had issues after a vasectomy, less intense orgasms, decreased volume, pain in the scrotum area, less desire. There is even a website dedicated to not doing vasectomies.

This was a tough thing for me. I was the one who wanted to have sex all the time with my girlfriend, then all of a sudden, it was like it didn't matter. The crappy part of it was that before my vasectomy I was always the one wanting it and she didn't, I would get so frustrated. Now the tides have turned, she wants it, and I don't really care all that much.

I did it because I read that nothing changes. I think they're full of shit. There is too much money involved. My volume isn't the same, my orgasm intensity isn't the same, my erections aren't the same, and I even feel like my sensitivity isn't the same. Getting a vasectomy isn't something I would recommend to any male, no matter what they say. Don't mess with your junk. I don't think sperm was meant to be blocked off, no matter how harmless it may seem.

Maybe there are guys out there who it truly did not affect, but I'm here to tell you that it affected me in a negative way. And possibly there are men who are afraid to admit that it affected them negatively.

With that said, I'm gonna try the clomid first and go from there. I appreciate the people who have chimed in. I hope I don't have to do injections but we'll see.

I just wanted to come back and give a little update for anyone interested. I tried just clomid first, started at 25 for a week, then went up to 50 for a couple of weeks. I think if anything this didn't help me, if anything my libido went down. Tried Macca root, at first I thought it helped, but maybe it was just a coincidence, I don't think it did anything for me. I went back a re-read some of the advice and noticed the cabergoline was one of the suggestions. So I started looking online all over the place and other forums. I didn't want to buy cabergoline but there was a thread on another forum that mentioned Vit B6 instead of cabergoline. Sooo, I've been on B6, DHEA and Zinc and stopped the clomid and Macca. I don't know if the dhea is making much difference, but I read it helped some and didn't help others, but I figured why not try it. So finally, I feel like I have my libido back. I never had any blood work done so I still don't know what my test levels are. I will see what happens here in the next few weeks and then decide if I want to go in for a blood test. But for now, I am feeling better.

Top Bottom