Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Testosterone and cholesterol levels

Brian123

I've been reading some very informative posts here on how to deal with low cholesterol levels ( or bad ratios to be more accurate ) and was wondering to what extent can testosterone use affect the good to bad cholesterol ratio? and how bad could it get?

Putting all other variables aside ( such as pre-existing conditions of any kind ) could extremly bad ratios be "dangerous" if they existed for just...lets say... ten weeks?

Or is it similar to cigarette smoking which is extremly harmful, but many don't realize it until years pass by?

Second thing I wanted to know, is about all the sups we can take to help us in maintaining reasonable cholesterol levels, to what extent do/can theyy actually help?

What would the blood tests taken during an average dosed test cycle look like if an individual had Niacin whatever sup to help? Any experiences or studies to share?

I think the cholesterol issue can be really dangerous and life threatening, especially that many that juice, don't give it much attention, if any at all.

From what I have gathered so far, even if some may think a ten week cycle wouldnt result in very bad cholesterol levels that would be too harmful, it can't possibly be so safe that it doesn't deserve the 1/10th of the attention given to "bringing the boys back"!

I mean just because you dont see your arteries, it doesnt mean they shouldnt be worried about... more than your balls even.

Point is..good cycle planning can definitly help a whole lot, and its worth the time and effort.

Last edited:
so true. i'm not out of shape, and never thought i had a cholesterol problem. but my blood work last month after a dbol cylce was sad. my cholesterol was very high,and my ratio was very bad. i've heard the orals are more responsible for this though. i just got more blood work done today so it's been about a month and hopefully things will be returned to normal.

Yeah, i'm wondering what the ratio would look like during a test cycle, I doubt that it would be as bad as it would be with some orals like winny or var.

Also wondering what the cholestrol levels would look like if cholestrol issues were taken into consideration when planning a cycle. I don't mean just thinking about it and say hey its worth the risk... I mean doing whatever possible to keep the cycle a reasonably safe one. Even if it would cost much I think its really worth it.

Who knows, maybe we could minimize the cholestrol issue to the extent where the ratio wouldnt be considered bad at all during a test cycle?

I ran a search and found some useful info on things that could help with bad ratios, but there were only a few specific numbers, and the posts were mostly about recovery, plus I couldnt find info on what to do to keep the ratio a reasonably safe one. At this point, i'm not sure if thats even possible for most people!

I'm seriously considering Primo instead of test and even var because of this if I'm ever able to get my hands on some of the legit stuff. Maintaining a safe ratio may be possible, but without knowing how to keep it safe, it doesn't really matter if its possible or not! lol

what do you guys think? any info would be really appreciated.

Alright... looks like the questions are pretty hard ones... anyway heres something I found on another board... I found it very interesting... because apperantly despite the low HDL levels, in the end testosterone would have a possitive effect. Even though it may not show in numbers when blood work is done ( thats my understanding, I may be wrong )
ok enough said...

Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2002 Sep 6;296(5):1051-7

Testosterone up-regulates scavenger receptor BI and stimulates cholesterol efflux from macrophages.

Langer C, Gansz B, Goepfert C, Engel T, Uehara Y, von Dehn G, Jansen H, Assmann G, von Eckardstein A.

Institut fur Arterioskleroseforschung an der Universitat Munster, Domagkstrasse 3, D-48149, Munster, Germany.

By lowering high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, testosterone contributes to the gender difference in HDL cholesterol and has been accused to be pro-atherogenic. The mechanism by which testosterone influences HDL cholesterol is little understood. We therefore investigated the effect of testosterone on the gene expression of apolipoprotein A-I (apoA-I), hepatic lipase (HL), scavenger receptor B1 (SR-BI), and the ATP binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1), all of which are important regulators of HDL metabolism. In both cultivated HepG2 hepatocytes and primary human monocyte-derived macrophages, testosterone led to a dose-dependent up-regulation of SR-BI, which was assessed on both the mRNA and the protein levels. As a functional consequence, we observed an increased HDL(3)-induced cholesterol efflux from macrophages. At supraphysiological dosages, testosterone also increased the expression of HL in HepG2 cells. Testosterone had no effect on the expression of apoA-I in HepG2 cells and ABCA1 in either HepG2 cells or macrophages. These data suggest that testosterone, despite lowering HDL cholesterol, intensifies reverse cholesterol transport and thereby exerts an anti-atherogenic rather than a pro-atherogenic effect.
PMID: 12207878 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Top Bottom