Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Testing Body fat

DEXA is by far the best. Only costs $100 and can be done at your local hospital.

DEXA (dual energy X-ray absorptiometry) -this test is used to measure bone density, but it also measures body fat percentage as well as where most of your fat is (as if you didn't know...lol)

MASSIVEMONSTER said:
calipers if done by the same person (decent calipers) can be effective give or take 1-2%

I am waiting for my results as I type this.
Thus far I have only had calipers done. On Monday I got dunked and had a 6 point caliper test done by a professional. It will be interesting to see where I am at.
I recently had a friend conduct a 7 point test on me and it came back at 14%. I am hoping that is high. In January I was 250 at 11%. At the end of January I was down to almost 10%.
Right now my big fear is that all this time the tests were coming out lower then they should have been.
I will post up the info when I get it.

steelmass said:
Slat1 what BF% were you in your 9/25/05 picture?

I'm not sure. I would have guessed around 7 to 8%. After seeing my recent test results I would say 9% or so.

This just in:

Center for Physical Therapy and Exercise
HYDROSTATIC WEIGHING RESULTS

DATE OF TEST: March 13, 2006
SUBJECT NAME: Slat1
EVALUATOR: Fred *******

SKIN FOLD RESULTS: 11.7% Body Fat (Jackson-Pollack 6 site formula which has the greatest accuracy and reliability for adults 25-50 years of age)

UNDERWATER WEIGHING RESULTS: Water Temp.: 37oC Water Density: 0.99336
Chair Weight: 4.75 kg Dry Body Weight: 102.73 kg

Residual Volume: 2.228 liters
Average Underwater Weight: 9.3 kg
Underwater Body Fat: 15.00%

COMMENTS: There is a discrepancy between the underwater and skinfold results. The human factor clearly plays a role in the skinfold measurement (Is the size of the pinch consistent? Are the calipers placed in the correct spot? Are the calipers slipping during measurement?). I believe the underwater results are good and the result is accurate. From a visual perspective, the underwater results make more sense.

I can tell when my BF gets to 8% or lower as when I sit down there is hardly any excess fat around ab area. At 10-11% I have abs and look lean still, but over 12% my condition starts to look shit

My brother is a Cert. PT and he did a 3 pt. test on me and got 6.8%. I'd Guess 10% though judging by your pictures.

Top Bottom