Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Test and tendons - Post surgery

earthling

Hi all,
Earlier this year I ruptured the biceps long head tendon and went for a surgery. Everything went well and I'm 4 months into recovery now.
I have been training for quite a while now but not pushing heavy, still giving my body the time to recover (i.e. benchpress 205lbs compared to 415lbs before the surgery)

I was thinking of running Test P + Var (12 weeks for Test and 6 weeks for Var) while maintaining the same weights I lift today. The purpose is to build some lean mass, and by the time the cycle is over I would have been fully recovered.

I have read somewhere that Testosterone decreases collagen synthesis, which has an adverse effect on the tendons. what are your thoughts on this?

I have been running GH at 4IU/day, and I plan on keeping it throughout the cycle.

Stats
Height: 5'10
Weight: 210lbs @ 16~18% BF
Training experience: 15 years
Cycle experience: Ran few Test P only cycles, and a couple of Test P + Var cycles.

Thanks

I'm not sure about that. The majority of tears are due to gear use. Our muscles grow quicker aided by the PED's. Our tendons, on the other hand, thicken and strengthen much more slowly.

The GH should help with injury recovery.

Definitely don't use gear now. It will make your muscles stronger, but your joints are still struggling, so you may end up tearing it again. Instead use something like MK-677 and Ostarine - they will be a huge help for your faster recovery, since they are the best stuff to heal the joints and bones.

Definitely don't use gear now. It will make your muscles stronger, but your joints are still struggling, so you may end up tearing it again. Instead use something like MK-677 and Ostarine - they will be a huge help for your faster recovery, since they are the best stuff to heal the joints and bones.

His joints and bones are fine. It's the connective tissue - tendons, fascia and sinews that are at issue.

as someone who used to lift HEAVY too who had an injury i will implore you to don't do this

you are 32 years old now, not 22.. a 22 year old will come back from injuries faster... get back your conditioning and accept you may never lift heavy again which is fine.

I have ruptured both distal bicep tendons. One in a arm wrestling competition and the other doing weighted pull ups,I had a 125 lb belt on plus my 250 pound body weight. Each time I ruptured the tendon before any real pressure was applied just the flex of my bicep ruptured them.

With that said I am also in turmoil continue to power lift or stay healthy. I still push my lifts but am careful and listen to my body.

I am all natural no PEDS ever and will most likely stay that way. With PEDS your will get a lot stronger before tendons ever catch up and will most likely result in a rerupture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of those put torsional (twisting) stress on the biceps. One of the lifts we no longer do in grip competitions 1 or 2 inch v-bar also used to do the same. At one comp I won back in the day an athlete, Chris James, saw his bicep disappear into his arm pit. Various strongman buddies have seen the same happen on atlas stones. They are ALL high risk lifts. Yours included.

Was the chin an underhand style?

Yep. That's why when ever I see some one doing over and under hand grip heavy dreads I warn them. Now a days I would just assume use straps the under hand grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steroids increase MUSCLE protein synthesis. They do nothing for your joints or ligaments.

This is the stack I recommend to any of my clients who are experiencing joint pain -

A good joint supplement like n2joint rx from n2bm.com + 25mg ostarine + 3-6g of a high quality fish oil per day
http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Health-And-Wellness/N2Joint-RX-p319.html
http://www.evolutionary.org/ostarine-mk-2866-anabolic-steroids/

This will actually help heal and repair your joints and ligaments, along with reducing pain and inflammation.

I would not be running gear if it was me. Being on cycle would just have me wanting to lift heavier. I don't think you will get much out of it by using it right now. Save it for when you are as close to 100% back as you can get.

Top Bottom