Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Teenage competitions

blood_drinker

Whatsup.
I would like to compete in the near future, and was wondering some things about teen comps.
1) What do they look for in teen comps. , in terms of symmetry , size, and weight?
2) What weight categories are there, and how strict are they on the judgement?
3) Are any of them on the juice? I plan on staying natural, and dont want to enter a comp with juicers..

Thanks
bl00d

They go mainly for size. I came in harder than anyone in the Junior class and I placed 2 and yes there teenagers out there that juice. I learned that after my first comp. I started when I was 19, but I also had 5 years of training under my belt as well. I also will be a top contender in the Junior class next year. Anyway my opinion is go for size as a teen compeitior

Why is someone moving this thread? This is a bodyuilding board and this is exactly the type of post that belongs here!!

same as open and masters

As a x-NPC judge, who has sat in the chair too many hours.

Teens are judged the same as any other class. Yes your a teen, and do not have 15 yr of lifting, or 3K of gear usage, but your judged the same as other classes. Because you are in teeen your are at least on an even footing with other teens. True as you reach the end of your teen days (19), your more man then boy, so you should also enter open, just to taste the waters. Some are lucky, and can hange with open class, others taste the 'smackdown', but your learn. Same goes for masters.

Any teen should look honesty at their body, and determine if they are ready to enter open class or not. Think of Jay Cutler. The guy was 18 and had more muscle then some 25yo with 10 soild years of lifting and competing.

I just did a juding show three weeks ago, and soem of the teens sould have entered the open, and did not. Given the body of one kid, he could have taken 3 in open middles. While some other kids in teen, clearly had 2 more years before they were ready for open.

ALWAYS find someone who understands BB, competing, and MOST IMPORTANTLY will give you an honest comment on your physique. No good having a buddy tell you your great, gonna kill them, win it all, and you don't even place. Hardest thig I had to tell a friend was 'you not ready, maybe 2, mostly 3rd place'. He was pissed, but when they gave him 3rd he knew at least one person was honest.

good luck
J

Top Bottom