Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

technical questions testosterone inhibition and clomid side effects

Frank22

I have a few questions concerning clomid and recovery from testosterone inhibition. First of all clomid is an estrogen agonist and antagonist. Clomid is an antagonist in breast tissue so it helps decrease gynecomastia. It is also an antagonist in parts of the brain and; therefore, is helpful in recovery from testosterone inhibition. However, it may act as an agonist in parts of the brain and therefore may decrease sex drive in males. So my question is what other tissues is it an agonist in? Is it an agonist to our testicles? Because, I would think this could increase our chances of testicular cancer with prolonged use. So with long term use what is the possibility of detrimental effects in the tissue that clomid acts on as an agonist?

Also is there any reason that clomid could increase the receding of ones hairline. It could increase hair loss by increasing testosterone production and therefore DHT. But, since it doesn’t increase testosterone to an extremely high level I wouldn’t think this would be of any great significance. Besides doesn’t estrogen actually tend to decrease hair loss? I read rubbing estrogen on your head causes your hair to grow back as long as you don’t mind growing boobs. And clomid does increase your estrogen level. My cow’s hairline seems to be receding and I am trying to determine if it could be because of clomid use or just because of the natural aging process. But this cow is only 30 years old. This cow uses clomid frequently because of chronic low testosterone level following a short cycle. This cow was hoping this cycle would help it recover from a nagging musculoskeletal injury.

Now I am thinking that this cow would benefit from taking arimidex toward the end of a clomid cycle to decrease estrogen levels and hopefully increase the chances of maintaining a high testosterone level naturally. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Also is it against the rules of this board to ask for a cheap source for arimidex? I don’t think it is a DEA controlled drug so I thought I might be able to ask. The only place this cow knows to get it costs $9 per Mg. Thanks. I hope some of you have some ideas.

Frank

Your never gonna get any answers to these questions. Your post is so complicated to read that your questions are not even clear. If you ask direct questions I may be able to help you find some answers, but as it is it makes little sense. Try and be more concise.

Frank,

First, you seem to be a cereberal poster, so it might take longer for for more people to read and respond.

Per your questions on Clomid, people have been using it safely for decades.

You can contact Huckleberry Finnaplex (a mod) to inquire into USP24 (top human grade) Anastrozole (active ingredient in arimidex) suspended in Glycerol for about..$2.50 per miligram. Great stuff.

Per your questions on arimidex, in a study done on males, where each male was given .5mg of arimidex per day for 12 weeks (no other steroids), a overall decrease of 50% in estrogen was shown. Endogeneous testosterone production was increased 58% without any increase in SHBG ( no increase in SHBG signifies that a majority of the new testosterone is left "unbound" and readily used for AR's in muscles ).

There are two problems however. A reduction in estrogen can cause 3 problems.

1) reduced joint fluid.
2) bone density problems (post-mentopausal women ring a bell?)

and finally, this one is crucial:

3) cholesterol.

Estrogen has a very positive impact on cholesterol. Most importantly, it raises HDL.

If you take arimidex, you need to keep tabs on your cholesterol. If your chol. is high already, this is out of the question.

During the 12 week study, no changes in bone density was shown. This means that the bone issue is a long term problem only. So not of concern.

You should use arimidex through the entire cycle, and extending two weeks past your last clomid pill. Then taper the arimidex off.

Hope this helps,

twitched

Well I can try to make some of the questions a little simpler.

Does any one know what tissues clomid acts on as an agonist? What are the effects of this? Would the tissues acted on as agonists have an increased tendency for cancer?

Although Clomid blocks estrogen in some tissues it raises estrogen somewhat over all. Does anyone think this is significant enough to cause any side effects? Some people think increased estrogen levels in men increase ones chances of prostate or testicular cancer. This would seem, to me, like a possible side effect of very long-term use.

Does anyone think Clomid could increase hair loss? Do you think the mechanism would be increased DHT?

Oral proscar would be counter productive to someone taking clomid to increase testosterone production. Oral proscar taken while not on a cycle of AS would likely decrease DHT to a level that would decrease sex drive and muscle mass. Has anyone tried a proscar cream applied to their scalp? Is there such a thing? This could possibly decrease DHT in the scalp with out the negative effect on sex drive, muscle mass, etc.

Also does anyone think rogaine works? I read that some of you use a dandruff shampoo to decrease hair loss. What is the rational behind that?

Well that seemed simpler to me. I hope it helped

Frank22 said:

Also does anyone think rogaine works? I read that some of you use a dandruff shampoo to decrease hair loss. What is the rational behind that?

Nizoral seems to be a topical anti-androgen. Some even put it on their back for bacne.

Hope my post above helped too.

twitched

Hey twitched,

Thanks for the response.

I see there are some pretty knowledgeable posters here. Your information is helpful. My cow (who has not taken any AS in over a year) wants to take arimidex with some clomid to try and get his testosterone level higher. I imagine he wont need much arimidex because his estrogen levels should only be slightly elevated from the clomid since he has not been on any AS recently. I know that I don’t want to get the estrogen level too low but depressing it a little should help keep the testosterone production up. Would you be willing to venture a guess of what dosage might be useful? This cow may not play with AS any more if his test production seems satisfactory naturally with out clomid. But, if he has to take clomid off and on to keep his production up he might just go ahead and try it again. This would be with HCG, clomid and arimidex this time.

I think I will tell you this cow’s story. He used to lift weights with a passion. He was a small cow and a natural lifter but he could rep it out (good technique) with 300 on the bench press and he had much higher goals. But, then he strained his back doing dead lifts. Then strained his hip adductors in his right leg doing squats. Then his shoulder started bothering him because the upper back pain caused scapulohumeral rhythm problems resulting in RC impingement. So 6 years later this littler cow doesn’t lift any weights. He is lucky to be able to do some push ups and pull-ups occasionally on a good day. A MRI shows no problem with the spine so the back pain is likely caused by myofascial pain. So this cow thought some AS might help with that. It did help somewhat but then he started having trouble with testosterone inhibition. Damn ain’t life complicated. Anyway I hope I didn’t bore you too much with the story. I suppose I was getting it off my chest to some one who is also likely obsessed with weight lifting. If you got any ideas about any of it, I am all ears. Thanks for the answers about clomid and arimidex. I will look into what you were saying about the arimidex

Frank

Frank.

Try this. I guarantee you'll be pleased.

Wk 1-8 .5mg Arimidex every day (it's affordable if you pick up "liquidex". email [email protected])

wk 1-8 10mg Novladex every day.
wk 9: .25mg arimidex every day
wk 10: .25 mg arimidex every other day

The novladex will act as an estrogen in your liver keeping your cholesterol in check. Novla will also stimulate test production.

You're test levels should be right on the top end of normal after that!

Don't mess with hcg. It's complicated to use that so it doesn't end up HURTING your test production. This will work great.

Good luck.

twitched

Last edited:
Twitch,

Thanks again. I will look into the novladex. Did you recommend it instead of clomid just because of the cholesterol protection or are there other benefits as well? Would substituting clomid work well? The cow already has plenty of clomid.

Frank

Top Bottom