Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tea/Coffee--Which Has More Caffeine?

Atomic Punk

Got into a huge arguement yesterday at Easter Dinner, because my Sis-in-Law, who thinks she knows everything because she has worked at LA Weight Loss for the last 4 months, said that Tea has more Caffeine than Coffee? I disagreed profusely. Her Mother was there(my brothers Mo-in-Law) and started to throw me 'tude for challenfing her daughters know-how, so I just changed the subject, so I wouldn't end up stabbing her in the eyeball with my shrimp fork.

So which has more? Thanks

would say tea..has more absorbable caffine, all the crap in coffee maybe slows down absorbtion. And certin teas are real strong. But I am no scientist

Atomic Punk said:
Got into a huge arguement yesterday at Easter Dinner, because my Sis-in-Law, who thinks she knows everything because she has worked at LA Weight Loss for the last 4 months, said that Tea has more Caffeine than Coffee? I disagreed profusely. Her Mother was there(my brothers Mo-in-Law) and started to throw me 'tude for challenfing her daughters know-how, so I just changed the subject, so I wouldn't end up stabbing her in the eyeball with my shrimp fork.

So which has more? Thanks

Actually you're both right. Pound for pound, tea has more caffeine than coffee, but you get 200 cups of tea per pound versus 50-60 cups of coffee per pound. Therefore, tea has 1/3 - ½ the caffeine per cup. However, Tea is much easier on the system and much better for you than coffee. Too much coffee gives me heartburn. I also have acid reflex so many times I puke up the coffee after I drink it in the morning. Now does that stop me from drinking coffee everyday....no. Why? Because I'm an idiot!

Last edited:
Coffee has more caffeine. If I remember right, tea only has about 1/3 the caffeine.

Also if you are using green tea, there is amino acid L-theanine that counteracts the caffeine. Don't believe it exists in black tea.

You also have to take into consideration how much you drink. I might dring 24 to 36oz cup of ice tea. But a cup of coffee is like 6oz.

http://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

8-ounce Beverage milligrams

Coffee, Drip 115-175
Coffee, Brewed 80-135
Coffee, Espresso (2 ounces) 100
Coffee, Instant 65-100
Tea, iced 47
Tea, brewed, imported brands (avg.) 60
Tea, brewed, U.S. brands (avg.) 40
Tea, instant 30
Tea, green 15
Hot cocoa 14
Coffee, Decaf, brewed 3-4
Coffee, Decaf, instant 2-3

Insuline

While we are on the topic of coffee, does Caffeine on it's own cause an insulin spike? I heard this from a Nutritionist and I thought it was suspect.

Re: Insuline

Dantes said:
While we are on the topic of coffee, does Caffeine on it's own cause an insulin spike? I heard this from a Nutritionist and I thought it was suspect.

According to the Atkins & C-K-D Diets, you should stay away from it for that reason. However, I did the ckd without limiting my caffeine intake, and still managed to stay in Ketosis. Lost a ton of weight too.

Top Bottom