Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking a week off

The Ghost

Do any of you take a week off after a long period of training? Just wondering how it affected your gains and things of that nature.

-TG

Ghost-

I take a week off after every 8 weeks.

It is really hard mentally for me to stop lifting, but ive found it helps. Whenever I have taken a week off, except for one time, my strength was up when i started again.

Its a really good idea, especially if you train to failure.
Even on juice I was overtraining after 7 weeks.

It wont hurt either--muscle atrophy is said to take place after 7 days, AT LEAST, although a few people say its after 72 hours. If that was the case, I would be a twig cause I usually take 2-3 days off after lifting, as I train 2-3x per week. So, no, go for it. Let your body recover. Eat healthy and come back strong

Regards,
Sus

I take a week off every 12 weeks of training. The body needs a rest, especially the nervous system. You won't loose anything in a week long layoff, but your appeteite for an intense workout will grow strong and allow you an opporitunity to see what training really does for you. It's great not only to physically rest, but to mentally rest as well.

Every 9th week is an off week for me. I feel it is very important and beneficial both physically & mentally for your training.

I go 10 days off after a cycle. I find it is needed to let your joints and muscle rest for a while.

I take a week off before each cycle,that way when I start my cycle I feel fresh and ready to hit it hard.

I use to feel guilty about it in the past but now I take a week off every 2 months. Its good to give the body a rest once in a while. :)

Top Bottom