Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking Anabolic Steroids 101!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 17 Most Deadly Mistakes - Even Expert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Lack of General Steroid Education: what you don't know
can hurt you! You need to know what certain types of
steroids do, how to stack and cycle for max results with
minimum risks, injection procedures (you CAN kill yourself
if you don't do this correctly) etc. You need to know the
dangers and how to take steroids safely.
2. Listening to the Wrong Advice: You cannot take anyones
advice without reasearching yoursefl from a reliable source
of information (like this site). Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, one must read as much as possible, gather all
available information, then ask as many questions as
possible. Whatever you do, just don't take advice from the
first guy that comes along.
3. Starting Steroid Use Too Young: This can cause numerous
problems not only physically but mentally, since most 18-20
year olds are not mature enough to handle the elevated test
levels and ignore the media hype of "roid rage", and
physically you can damage permanently growth plates and HPTA
4. Using Counterfeits: Counterfeit steroids are a bigger
problem than you would believe, there are more counterfeit
steroids in the market than you would think. These steroids
offer no positive gains, and some give the side effects of
real steroids. Taking counterfeit steroids is like injecting
poison into your body, bad effects nothing positive.
5. Using Excessive Dosages: When taking steroids, the more
you take is not always the best way to go. Taking excessive
dosages has become a huge problem with steroids today. It
isn't only dangerous, but studies have shown it to be
ineffective. The body can only use a limited amount of the
steroid so the extra is turned into estrogen by the body.
6. Staying On Steroids Too Long: In several cases, steroid
users avoid waring signs telling them not to go on a cycle
more than 8 to 12 weeks without an off period. If an off
period is not taken, there is a higher chance for the
negative effects of steroids to occur. If there is no off
period the body does not have a chance to recover from the
steroids, so more damage is done. This also is terrible for
the kidneys and liver.
7. Eating Poorly: Many people ignore magazines and educators
that explain eating as being an important asset to growing,
but the truth is, eating healthy has a big effect on the
body. When on steroids the user must comsume between 4000
and 7000 calories a day, not meaning eat only fat foods. The
diet must be high in calories and protein, but low in fat.
8. Training Incorrectly: When on steroids the training must
be intense and difficult. Instead of the usual weight that
suits you, you must do excess weight and strenuous work for
the best gains. The workout should involve the maximum
weight possible, and make progress each time.
9. Not Getting Regular Blood Tests: Steroids are very
dangerous and can cause great problems. Blood tests should
be done often and regularly. When steroids are first taken
many tests become elevated but will return to normal with in
a few weeks. During the off period tests should also be done
to make sure the body is recovering properly. If there is a
problem with the Blood test, consult a doctor that you can
trust.
10. Using The Wrong Steroids: Many athletes will increase
their chances of getting negative effects when they take the
wrong steroids. The strongest steroids that build more
muscle mass, have the most side effects. These drugs should
be avoided if possible, unless there is a reason to have an
unbelievable gain. But these drugs are very toxic and we
would recommend not taking them.
11. Not Learning How To Hold On To Your Gains Without
Steroids: Unless you learn how to do this you will never
achieve true long term gains and run the risk of becoming a
"non-stop user".
12. Improper Injection Procedures: This is so important that
it CANNOT be skipped over, the risks of injecting without
knowledge are massive, we personally know of a kid who
nearly killed himself injecting steroids intravenously!
13. Lack Of Preparation and Planning: Not being fully
prepared and having everything you need before you start
your cycle. Not being sure you have time set aside to train
correctly, prepare food, rest etc. Without careful planning
and preparation you will achieve very little. Poor storage
in the home, gym, or where-ever. Poor cycle stacking. Poor
anti-estrogen choices.
14. Starting On Gear For the Wrong Reasons: Because your
friends are doign them. Because you think everyone else in
your gym is on. Thinking that if you use AAS you don't have
to work as hard to gain quality muscle, not thinking about
the consequences before you start, once you start you can
never go back! Being willing to accept the risks associated.
Don't bow to peer pressure, it's your health and your life.
15. Not Being Physically Ready to Start Steroids: Steroids
are not magic, they are the icing on the cake and starting
on them without first having a basic training foundation is
dangerous.
16. Neglecting Personal Security: Not using secure and
discreet online tactics when ordering. Not being security
concious when ordering or researching steroids online
(unencrypted email communications, unsecure websites, not
cleaning your online "footprints", not thinking that the
authorities won't go after the "little guy" as well).
Talking loosely about your steroid use.
17. Sacrificing Overall Health: It's not just about pure
muscle gains, don't forget cardio vascular health,
flexibility, internal organs, muscles, ligaments, testicles,
mental health (steroid obesession - don't let steroids
affect your life and relationships) etc. Thinking that
because your "big" and ripped, that you're actually
functionally strong. Focusing only on "showbiz" mucles and
not on supporting, under-lying ones.
Author: Dr. No

Injection site pain

1) Tissue Irritation
This is probably the most likely cause of post injection pain and the least serious. Tissue irritation is likely to start 12-24 hours after injection, pain can be mild to moderate depending on the level of tissue irritation and the volume injected. The injection site is likely to swell within the muscle, maybe red and likely to be warm and very firm to the touch. The pain and swelling will start to fade after 72 hours and can last over a week in the worst cases. The most likely causes of tissue irritation are:
The hormone crashes out of the solution in the depot. This causes crystallisation of the hormone, this in turn places a lot of pressure on the nerve endings in the muscle belly causing knotting, swelling and pain - this is most common in long chain esters, high mg/ml concentration gear and gear compounded with less than idea oil blends.
A reaction to the acid compounds within the ester. With the metabolic breakdown of the ester attached to the hormone free form acids are released which can cause the muscle tissue rapid irritation at the injection site – this is most common with propionic acid of the propionate ester. Poor quality raw materials also liberate more freeform acids.

Newb muscles. Of course everyone knows your first injections are the worst. Over time your body will build a tolerance.

Excessive preservative. If too much benzyl Alcohol is used to formulate the solution inflammation and pain may result. Pharma grade usually contains 0.9% Benzyl alcohol where the common senseu states UGL products contain on average 2%. Anything above 1.2% offers no added anti-microbial effects. Due to water soluable nature of benzyl alcohol tissue irritation of this nature has been known to “travel” as the excessive alcohol disperses via the blood stream. This is most common with injection into the quads (vastus lateralis).The pain travels down toward the knee. This may however be in part due to lymphatic drainage and leads me nicely to my next point.
Ice and ibuprofen may help with the swelling. Hot baths, showers and massage of the injection site may help to distribute the injection and reduce pain.

2) Hitting the lymphatic system.
Hitting the lymphatic system is very rare. The lymphatic system is as vast as the circulatory system but the standard injection sights (Glute, ventro-glute, medial delts and vastus lateralis) are generally void of lymphatic nodes. If a lymph node is hit with an injection pain is likely to be severe and edema vast. The swelling will come on very fast and be extensive. It is also likely to “travel” along the lymph system to the next lymph gland. This is most noticeable with a vastus lateralis shot where the swelling tracks down toward the back of the knee. Unlike the edema experienced with tissue irritation (within the muscle only) the edema with a lymphatic puncture will be both inter and intra-muscular with a moderate amount of swelling just underneath the skin giving it a softer puffy feel. This can be tested for by pressing the swollen area with your finger, if in indent remains you have a more systematic edema and more than just local tissue irreation. The other most noticeable difference is that the swelling should not be warm/hot to touch.
Ice and ibuprofen may help. The affected area must be rested and the patient can expect pain and swelling to start to disperse after 72 hours and last at least 10 days. The painful area must not be massaged.

3) Infection and abscess.
So now to the most serious reason for injection pain. An infection will start in the same manner as tissue irritation with local pain and swelling, with heat and redness around the muscle. The major difference is that after 72 hours tissue irritation should start to subside, if the area is indeed infected this pain and swelling will get worse. The swelling will change in nature becoming more systematic and edema will start to form under the skin becoming softer and more spongy (as described with a lymphatic puncture).

There are many reasons why an infection can manifest, below are some of the most common examples.
Poor injection technique. Correct, and sterile injection technique is a must. You must make sure the injection site and rubber stopper is clean and swabbed with an alcohol wipe.
Also the moisture from the alcohol swab must be allowed to dry before preparing to inject. It is extremely rare but if the alcohol is not allowed to dry the bacterium has not been allowed adequate time to be killed off. If this partly destroyed bacterium was then pushed into a muscle through an Inter-muscular injection the bacterium can “evolve” into a superbug. My wife’s horse died this way due to an impatient vet.
You should always use a clean and new syringe barrel and pin and not allow the pin to touch anything before you inject. Avoid pinning through a hair follicle or hair and don’t be tempted to inject too quickly. Injecting too quickly can increase the risk of infection as this in turn increases injection trauma.
Not rotating injection sites. The risk of infection is massively increased if the same injection site is used over and over again without giving it time to recover. The more an injury (injection trauma) is irritated (re-injected) the more likely it is to become infected. Think back to being a child and picking that scab on your knee excessively and then being told “I told you so” when it becomes a yellow puss infected mess.
Contaminated Gear. IMO this is probably the least common cause of infection with oil based injections (I cannot say the same for water based injections). This is a no brainer really. Use a reputable UGL or pharma and avoid water based suspensions.

What to do in the case of an infection.

So the pain and swelling has not subsided and the edema is pitting and moving outside the confides of the muscle fascia after 72 hours. With an infection the body is attempting to contain the bacterium and prevent it from
reaching the circulatory system by forming a cyst. This is essential to prevent blood poisoning

GET TO A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY AND HAVE HIM TAKE A LOOK AT YOU. THERE IS NO DOCTORS ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need medical help at this point.

im 18 i weigh 180 im 5 4 and i have never taken a steroid cycle yet. im entering division III wrestling this winter for my college and wanna get bigger. i eat about 2500 cal high protein low carb diet. ive tried all teh over the counter products that gain some muscle but im never satisfied. wat can i do as my first cycle?

im 18 i weigh 180 im 5 4 and i have never taken a steroid cycle yet. im entering division III wrestling this winter for my college and wanna get bigger. i eat about 2500 cal high protein low carb diet. ive tried all teh over the counter products that gain some muscle but im never satisfied. wat can i do as my first cycle?

Read the thread again. I think the first post is for you. :D

hey i thought your thread is amazing. Just wondering if you could help. ive done a few courses/cycles but always got bad acne from them. I just wondering if you know which steroids contain the least amount of estrogen ( thats what causes the acne right? ). And also if you have any idea how to get rid of the acne

hey i thought your thread is amazing. Just wondering if you could help. ive done a few courses/cycles but always got bad acne from them. I just wondering if you know which steroids contain the least amount of estrogen ( thats what causes the acne right? ). And also if you have any idea how to get rid of the acne

Must drugs they sell for acni fuck you all up. I would stay the hell away from them. I use Acnefree from wallmart for starters.

Emu oil is another good one to take on the skin.

All steroids can cause acne bro. Primo is a good one though. If you got the cash. It could be the way you dosed it that gave you the acne too man.

Hey bro, i'm prolly going to get shit from this but i need to know anyway. I'm 145 pounds and 5'10 but lean and pretty ripped. I havent lifted in awhile and started taking eq at 300 mg a week last week. What should i do and expect. Am i too small to take this cause i dont know if i can trust my friend who says i will be fine

Hey bro, i'm prolly going to get shit from this but i need to know anyway. I'm 145 pounds and 5'10 but lean and pretty ripped. I havent lifted in awhile and started taking eq at 300 mg a week last week. What should i do and expect. Am i too small to take this cause i dont know if i can trust my friend who says i will be fine

Bro you should get off and do pct. Learn how to gain with out it. I am 510 230lb. See what I mean.

Lots of people think they are hard gainers when really they are not. I was once 150. You need good diet and training first.

oh i know im small no doubt but i look bigger then i weigh..i spent alot of cash on it..will finishing this cycle hurt me any?

A brief note on proviron. What evidence is there that proviron lacks androgenic activity. The literature presents this by the absence of proviron to influence significantly infertility, erythropoiesis, lipids, and sex hormones. Except for the obsessive compulsive that needs to take a substance, thus replacing an AAS with adverse HPTA effects with one that does not, proviron is a worthless AAS, useful for nothing. Proviron will not support or provide any basis for the return of HPTA function.

The quoted abstract from the study by Varma and Patel really does not give one any information. [Varma TR, Patel RH. The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1988;26:121-8.] The study is poor from the abstract alone. Please note that the statement, "Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated," refers unidentified group. The groups in the study include, "One hundred ten patients . . . had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients . . . had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone." Nowhere is there a group with elevated levels. Nonetheless, the cited effect is a "depressing effect" not stated as significant. Knowing the fluctuation in gonadotropin levels on testing even at a P<0.05 would not be meaningful. But it does go to the point that proviron has no adverse effect on the HPTA.

Mesterolone is useless for infertility. A year after the Varma study, 1989, the World Health Organization published a study demonstrating, "[n]o significant changes semen quality during the course of the study, apart from an increase in sperm concentration 3 months after the start of treatment. The increase was greatest among the placebo treated group, but did not differ significantly between treatment groups." [Mesterolone and idiopathic male infertility: a double-blind study. World Health Organization Task Force on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility. Int J Androl 1989;12:254-64.]

In 1991, a study concludes, "Because similar semen improvement also occurred in the placebo controls, our findings cast doubt on the possible usefulness of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility." [Gerris J, Comhaire F, Hellemans P, Peeters K, Schoonjans F. Placebo-controlled trial of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility. Fertil Steril 1991;55:603-7.]

These confirm an earlier study from 1983. [Wang C, Chan CW, Wong KK, Yeung KK. Comparison of the effectiveness of placebo, clomiphene citrate, mesterolone, pentoxifylline, and testosterone rebound therapy for the treatment of idiopathic oligospermia. Fertil Steril 1983;40:358-65.] Treatment with the mesterolone (100 mg/day) therapy did not result in a significant increase in the mean sperm concentration or pregnancy in the partners.

Proviron is useless in promoting erythropoiesis (formation of red blood cell elements) and bone formation (a mixed effect of testosterone through the androgen receptor and estradiol receptor), both evidence of androgenic activity. Mesterolone (100 mg/d) is ineffective in raising hemoglobin and hematocrit levels significantly from baseline in individuals with hypogonadism. The study cites that Mesterolone did not increase serum testosterone (but also did not mention that there is a decrease). [Jockenhovel F, Vogel E, Reinhardt W, Reinwein D. Effects of various modes of androgen substitution therapy on erythropoiesis. Eur J Med Res 1997;2:293-8.]

As recent as 2003, mesterolone (100 mg/d) for 6 months administered to hypogonadal males failed to significantly raise bone mineral density (BMD). Treatment with testosterone undecanoate (160 mg/d), testosterone enanthate 250 mg (every 21 days), or a single subcutaneous implantation of 1,200 mg crystalline testosterone did result in BMD increases. [Schubert M, Bullmann C, Minnemann T, Reiners C, Krone W, Jockenhovel F. Osteoporosis in male hypogonadism: responses to androgen substitution differ among men with primary and secondary hypogonadism. Horm Res 2003;60:21-8.]

Erythropoiesis and bone formation are positive aspects of androgens useful under certain clinical conditions. AAS consistently have adverse effects on lipid profiles that are generally observed as a decrease in HDL (good cholesterol). In 1999, twenty years after the study cited by MaxRep [Nikkanen V. Plasma cholesterol, triglycerides, FSH and testosterone levels of normolipemic male patients with decreased fertility treated with mesterolone. Andrologia 1979;11:33-6.] proviron was found to adversely effect the lipid profile in hypogonadal men. The study by abstract analysis is hard to detail but an adverse effect of proviron is reported. Also, the study reports on serum testosterone levels with androgen treatments. Androgen substitution led to no significant increase of serum testosterone in the proviron group, subnormal testosterone in the testosterone undecanoate group, normal testosterone in the testosterone enanthate group, and high-normal testosterone in the crystalline testosterone group. The message is proviron did not affect the HPTA. [Jockenhovel F, Bullmann C, Schubert M, et al. Influence of various modes of androgen substitution on serum lipids and lipoproteins in hypogonadal men. Metabolism 1999;48:590-6.] The same author reports that proviron administration has no effect on serum FSH or testosterone. [Nikkanen V. The effects of mesterolone on the male accessory sex organs, on spermiogram, plasma testosterone and FSH. Andrologia 1978;10:299-306.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom