Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

swollen thing under my armpit!

flex2000

its like a small know very small...i was bigger this mourning but has gotten better. What the hell is it...it sore if u tough in the area of it..some have suggested a swollen lympho musle? also if its an infection will it make me sick?

i would suggest heading to the docs if its still there tomorrow..
'.
.Swollen glands is a term commonly used to describe swelling of lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped organs found in many locations in the body, including the neck, groin and armpit. Lymph nodes are part of the lymphatic system, which is a network of organs and tissues that helps protect the body against disease and infection.

A swollen gland can't always be seen. However, it can be felt by gently running the tips of the fingers over the skin of the area of the body containing a lymph node. A swollen gland usually feels like a soft lump. It may also be sore to the touch.

Swollen glands are most commonly caused by some kind of

Infection, although it is often difficult to find out their actual cause. Swollen glands in the neck may be caused by a cold or another upper respiratory infection. In the groin, swollen glands are often caused by an infected sore or a sliver of wood imbedded in the skin of the leg or foot. However, there are other causes of swollen glands that may indicate a more serious illness.

As a general rule, swollen glands that appear in the neck only, that show up with a cold or other upper respiratory illness, and do not last longer than three weeks, do not need to be seen by a doctor.

However, if you have swollen glands in two or more areas of your body, for example, in the neck, groin or under the arm, or if swollen glands last longer than three weeks, you should call your doctor.

Treatment for swollen glands varies, depending on the cause. If a doctor finds that the cause is a bacterial infection, antibiotics are generally prescribed. If a fungal infection is the cause, appropriate evaluation and treatment will follow. There is no treatment for swollen glands that are caused by a viral infection. They will disappear as the virus runs its course, normally within three weeks.

If your swollen glands are located in the neck and are accompanied by a cold, there are a number of things you can do for yourself to help relieve symptoms. For information on caring for cold symptoms, please listen to the information on colds, which can be found in the common illnesses and disorders section of your AudioHealth Library Directory.

Tag line follows this topic.

There are lymph glands located under your armpit.
I would have that checked by a doctor, especially
if it's getting bigger.

swollen lymph node flex.. node... and to clarify once more, the swollen part wouldn't be the infection, it'd be as a result of.....

ya know what, forget it.

it's getting smaller... quit frickin worrying about it.

sorry decem but i just wanna get others imput i just wanna play it safe because like i said when i started a cycle 4 months ago i woke up on the 4th week mourning puking my brains out, which was probably from food poising but i just wanna play it safe!

flex, i understand your concern when it comes to your health. and you're right in getting a second opinion as opposed to just listening to me.

but, waking up puking 3 months ago and having a lump under your armpit today have about .5% chance of being related.

my suggestion, for what it's worth, give your lump a day or two, and if it goes down and there's nothing else happening with your body at that time, get back to your cycle.

peace

if i pinch my skin anywhere i can get a little ball of like fatty tissue or atleast thats what i think... i am going to have it checked out anyway.. always the safe thing to do

having any sort of infection near your armpit( eg pimple , ingrown hair) could cause that gland to swell. If it's already going down, my guess is that it will be gone in two days
dirty

Top Bottom