Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Study Says 7 Percent of Seventh Grade Girls Use Steroids

LiquidPhire

I lol'd , taken from steroid.com

Study Says 7 Percent of Seventh Grade Girls Use Steroids, By: Michael David Smith

June 6th 2007

I don't believe the results of this study. I realize that's a bit of hubris on my part, as the researchers have done the research, and I've just read the articles about the research.

I'm sure Dr. Linn Goldberg, head of the division of health promotion and sports medicine at Oregon Health & Science University, knows what he's doing, but his conclusion can't possibly be correct:

In the study, Goldberg and his colleagues collected data on anabolic steroid use among teen girls using a national sample of U.S. high schools done in 2003 by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the survey, 7,544 teen girls in grades nine through 12 answered questions about sports participation, steroids, ecstasy use and other illegal or unhealthy behaviors.

"In seventh grade, over 7 percent admitted steroid use," Goldberg said.

There's just no way that's true. In a middle schools with 250 girls, 17 or 18 have used anabolic steroids?

My theory is that this is based on self-reporting, and that most of these girls don't know what steroids are. The girls who said they used steroids probably used diet pills and don't know that they're not the same thing as steroids. If that many girls are using diet pills, that's noteworthy and could be the sign of a significant public health problem. But if 7 percent of seventh grade girls say they use steroids, that tells me that 7 percent of seventh grade girls don't know what steroids are.

are. The girls who said they used steroids probably used diet pills and don't

Author: Michael David Smith

http://www.steroid.com/sitenews/?EC=ReadArticle&ArticleID=1129

juniorsamples said:
I simply can't believe that. I didn't even know what steroids were until I went to college in 83.

lol even if its bullshit like noted in the article about SEVENTH-GRADE girls thinking diet pills are steroids, thats still fucked up. Seventh Grade??? What the fuck?!? :redhot: :shocked:

i couldnt even find someone to buy me a Penthouse when i was in 7th grade...let alone gear. thats amazing.

and where the hell they getting the cash from, sometimes a scrap by for my cycles...Jesus

thats bullshit, we used to get those studies all the time in health class and they said fill them out seriously because they need them for statistics for the state but we always filled in the worst possible shit to make our school look bad, lol.

I'm sure it is more like 7% of 7th grade girls suck dick. The war on gear I suppose has only just begun.

Liquid2006 said:

Study Says 7 Percent of Seventh Grade Girls Use Steroids, By: Michael David Smith

June 6th 2007

I don't believe the results of this study. I realize that's a bit of hubris on my part, as the researchers have done the research, and I've just read the articles about the research.

I'm sure Dr. Linn Goldberg, head of the division of health promotion and sports medicine at Oregon Health & Science University, knows what he's doing, but his conclusion can't possibly be correct:

In the study, Goldberg and his colleagues collected data on anabolic steroid use among teen girls using a national sample of U.S. high schools done in 2003 by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the survey, 7,544 teen girls in grades nine through 12 answered questions about sports participation, steroids, ecstasy use and other illegal or unhealthy behaviors.

There's just no way that's true. In a middle schools with 250 girls, 17 or 18 have used anabolic steroids?

My theory is that this is based on self-reporting, and that most of these girls don't know what steroids are. The girls who said they used steroids probably used diet pills and don't know that they're not the same thing as steroids. If that many girls are using diet pills, that's noteworthy and could be the sign of a significant public health problem. But if 7 percent of seventh grade girls say they use steroids, that tells me that 7 percent of seventh grade girls don't know what steroids are.

Liquid2006 said:

June 6th 2007

maybe they took the number of girls that use birth control (7% which seems realistic) and used that in there statistics since birth control is considered a steroid, damn people will always find a way to write about something hoping to get publicity.

Top Bottom