Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strongmen & Powerlifters...help!!

StillGreg

I have a nagging rotator problem and am looking for a way to stabilize my shoulder for log pressing. It is not torn, just "ratty" according to the doc. My delt power is solid. Stabilization and pain are the issue. I am getting it pumped full of cortizone this afternoon. The question is this: Has anyone ever found a shoulder support that really works and allows for unhindered overhead pressing? Follow-up...would a bench shirt work? I've never worn one and picture that it would be too restrictive in the overhead range of motion. Help please.

If you don't get answer in here, you can try asking this in the Powerlifting forum.

Until then, I will bump this up for you.

Joker

My suggestion to you bro is to stop your pressing and let that rotator heal.......I know from experience......You will need to do rehabilitation on that rotator cuff by performing rotator cuff exercise. I don't know of any device that would help.....If you continue to press with the "ratty" rotator cuff, you will do permanent damage to it.

Hey,
I cant give you exact details, but one of the bodybuilding mags did an article on that and said there was an exercise you can do to help strengthen it. Its called a "Cuban Press" or something. As far as I can remember, you are standing with dumbells, you bring them as high as you can in upright row fashion, however, when you cant anymore, you flip your wrists over and press it up like a shoulder press. I'm 85% sure this is how you do it, but you might want to skim some older mags (it was in the last 6 months) or ask in the PL forum. But i believe that should help. :)

Benchmaster is correct. Stop pressing for a while and strengthen those rotators. It's hard to believe but it really is as simple as that. Increase your rotator flexibility as well. I wouldn't use a shirt...it's just a totally different movement. In terms of rehabilitation, you might find ART message to be very useful.

Top Bottom