Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stretching before lifting

No stretching. Weakens the muscle. Just warm up your joints. There's a name for it... I forget. Active something something. It's not direct stretching.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

No stretching. Weakens the muscle. Just warm up your joints. There's a name for it... I forget. Active something something. It's not direct stretching.

Questionable. I started training back in 1980 and it seems that every other year we've a debate on the whole 'before, during or after?'. It helps if you're a little warm for example. I know that I ought to stretch more as I get very tight and restricted in the hips and upper thighs which can hold me back.

I used to buy into that whole "stretching weakens muscles" crap... but that's what I mostly believe it is now.. crap. Ever watch Dmitri Klokov warm up before snatching 200kg overhead? He does a bunch of static and dynamic stretches. Once I got into my 30's, especially when I am routinely squatting 3-400+lbs, I stretch my legs and lower back before every squat day. It has helped improve my flexibility and mobility immensely, and actually helped my strength and squat depth. I always do dynamic stretching with the ROM for whatever exercise I start with, but I also incorporate static stretching now as well. May not work for everyone, but I definitely don't believe it automatically hurts your strength. Try it for yourself and see.

I used to buy into that whole "stretching weakens muscles" crap... but that's what I mostly believe it is now.. crap. Ever watch Dmitri Klokov warm up before snatching 200kg overhead? He does a bunch of static and dynamic stretches. Once I got into my 30's, especially when I am routinely squatting 3-400+lbs, I stretch my legs and lower back before every squat day. It has helped improve my flexibility and mobility immensely, and actually helped my strength and squat depth. I always do dynamic stretching with the ROM for whatever exercise I start with, but I also incorporate static stretching now as well. May not work for everyone, but I definitely don't believe it automatically hurts your strength. Try it for yourself and see.
It is a debate that many people go back and forth on I don't disagree with you. I do not do any static stretching and I think I'm fairing well with little to no injury. I do .ire a dynamic mobility warm up. I like doing the elliptical on squat day I feel it opens up my hips, leg swings and such to each direction. And maybe a light set of hamstrings to grease the knees and get blood into the hamstrings. I feel sturdier that way.

you really should not do a lot of stretching before. you want to def warm up those muscles and joints. people do not warm up enough cause we are in a rush to get in our sets at busy gyms while people are waiting. but you really have to.

save the bulk of the stretching for AFTER for sure.

dynamic stretching works great without relaxing the muscle as long static holds would. some recent studies suggest stretching between sets increased hypertrophy but not sure, dont think a mention of injury data or etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dynamic stretching works great without relaxing the muscle as long static holds would. some recent studies suggest stretching between sets increased hypertrophy but not sure, dont think a mention of injury data or etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i think after you get a pump allowing more blood to enter the muscle does that. I do it with quads a lot.

Top Bottom